import _sqlite3 no module named error

Vincent Davis

I volunteered to help Marijo Mihelèiæ who was looking for someone with
a mac the help him build a mac binary using py2app for his
simpletasktimer
http://code.google.com/p/simpletasktimer/wiki/Installation

when I try to run his app I get the no module named _sqlite3 , I am
not sure what this is caused by as it looks to me like sqlite3 is
trying to import it. Any idea how to fix this? Other than the obvious
of getting _sqlite3 somehow, or maby it is that simple.

here is what i get

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/vincentdavis/simpletasktimer-read-only/simpletasktimer/KTaskTimer.py",
line 13, in <module>
from lib import KTaskEditDialog, KTaskReport, KTaskTimerDB
File "/Users/vincentdavis/simpletasktimer-read-only/simpletasktimer/lib/KTaskReport.py",
line 10, in <module>
from lib import KTaskTimerDB
File "/Users/vincentdavis/simpletasktimer-read-only/simpletasktimer/lib/KTaskTimerDB.py",
line 8, in <module>
import sqlite3 as lite
File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/sqlite3/__init__.py",
line 24, in <module>
from dbapi2 import *
File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/sqlite3/dbapi2.py",
line 27, in <module>
from _sqlite3 import *
ImportError: No module named _sqlite3
logout