Import XML file

Discussion in 'XML' started by Don Grover, Nov 18, 2003.

  1. Don Grover

    Don Grover Guest

    I may not explain myself properly as I am a newby to xml & xsl so please
    allow for this.
    I am using HTTP Post to get a XML-RPC file from a remote server and need to
    convert it to a string suitable to import into mssql server.

    I have a vbscript that has a function where i have an xml file imported
    into a string that i need to apply a xsl file against to transform the
    elements, so I can import them into sql server using a sp and passing on a
    new string.

    My xml file is stored in sText as a string
    I need to transform it and put transformed doc into a new string into
    sTransText
    Using 'ImportStockList.xsl' , can I put this xsl file into a string and just
    call a function with a returned transformed string or do I need to keep
    'ImportStockList.xsl' as a file.

    I dont know something like sTransText = XMLDOM.Transform(sText)
    You get my idea, can anyone off some help on this please.
    Regards
    Don Grover

    Don Grover, Nov 18, 2003