"Imports Microsoft.VisualBasic" doesn't import

darrel

(Apologies for the duplicate post. OE seems to have lost a weeks worth of
newsgroup postings and I can't seem to get it to re-sync the lost days.)

I've built a control. At the top of my control, I have this:

Imports Microsoft.VisualBasic

Then, later, I call a function like this:

DateTime.Now.Year.ToString()

This works fine on my machine. My coworker takes the exact same file,
compiles it, and gets errors until he explicitly writes out the function as:
microsoft.VisualBasic.DateAndTime.Now.Year.ToString()

Why?

This has happened before and only seems to affact the microsoft.VisualBasic
namespace. On his computer, it just doesn't seem to import it.

-Darrel