In-Process Soap Calls

Nezaam Joseph

I am in the process of adopting SOA as an architecture at my organization. We
are running a POC to prove some concepts. The POC is a fat client running on
a single machine. Performance is a bit of an issue. What we would like to do
is for the Presentation layer to interact with the business layer via soap.
Because everything runs on the same machine we would like to implement Soap
In-Process calls.

Is this advisable and could you shine more light on soap in-process calls.
Was it developed for this type of applications. what are the performance
penalties for going this route.

Thanks