In the matter of Herb Schildt: wikipedia entry must be fixed

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by spinoza1111, Apr 8, 2010.

  1. spinoza1111

    spinoza1111 Guest

    We now know that:

    CTCR ed. 4 was released in 2000

    CTCN references (unskillfully) ed. 3.

    CTCN is a major reference in the inappropriate "biography" of Herb
    Schildt that was posted as the home page for malicious libel in 2006

    This is a major violation of Wikipedia's Biographies of Living Persons
    policy and a major error. Therefore, without any special care for
    wikipedia in view of its numerous malfeasances, I hereby request Peter
    Seebach to remove the Reception section and all footnotes from the
    wikipedia article which are used only in Reception, and make no
    further changes to that article whatsoever.

    If the article is not changed by Monday 12 April I will take these
    actions:

    1. I will raise a BLP issue at wikipedia

    2. I will contact Mr. "Jimmy" Wales the head of wikipedia to bring
    this matter to his attention using an email used by a person who
    appears to be him when that individual commented at my blog.
     
    spinoza1111, Apr 8, 2010
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. spinoza1111

    rigs Guest

    On Apr 8, 11:24 am, spinoza1111 <> wrote:
    > We now know that:
    >
    > CTCR ed. 4 was released in 2000
    >
    > CTCN references (unskillfully) ed. 3.
    >
    > CTCN is a major reference in the inappropriate "biography" of Herb
    > Schildt that was posted as the home page for malicious libel in 2006
    >
    > This is a major violation of Wikipedia's Biographies of Living Persons
    > policy and a major error. Therefore, without any special care for
    > wikipedia in view of its numerous malfeasances, I hereby request Peter
    > Seebach to remove the Reception section and all footnotes from the
    > wikipedia article which are used only in Reception, and make no
    > further changes to that article whatsoever.
    >
    > If the article is not changed by Monday 12 April I will take these
    > actions:
    >
    > 1.  I will raise a BLP issue at wikipedia
    >
    > 2.  I will contact Mr. "Jimmy" Wales the head of wikipedia to bring
    > this matter to his attention using an email used by a person who
    > appears to be him when that individual commented at my blog.


    Welcome to Wikipedia,
    The free encyclopedia that anyone can edit.

    But, instead of editing the article, you will impersonate Mr. Seebach
    and send lulzy demands under his name? Do I have that correct? If
    that is the case, I suggest you refrain from that course of action.
     
    rigs, Apr 9, 2010
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. spinoza1111

    Seebs Guest

    On 2010-04-09, rigs <> wrote:
    >> 2.  I will contact Mr. "Jimmy" Wales the head of wikipedia to bring
    >> this matter to his attention using an email used by a person who
    >> appears to be him when that individual commented at my blog.


    > But, instead of editing the article, you will impersonate Mr. Seebach
    > and send lulzy demands under his name? Do I have that correct? If
    > that is the case, I suggest you refrain from that course of action.


    He can't edit the article. He's been banned from Wikipedia, repeatedly,
    for editing the article to remove substantially verified (by multiple
    independent authorities) information that does not meet his personal
    tastes.

    I mean, he can get proxies and go in and re-edit it, but they just put it
    back.

    That said, listen to my lawyer -- do not go around trying to impersonate
    me, *ESPECIALLY* after publically announcing your intent to do so. (Or
    was "appears to be him" a reference to Jimmy Wales, or to someone else?
    We really can't tell. Nilges can't write clearly under any known
    circumstances.)

    -s
    --
    Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed. Peter Seebach /
    http://www.seebs.net/log/ <-- lawsuits, religion, and funny pictures
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Game_(Scientology) <-- get educated!
     
    Seebs, Apr 9, 2010
    #3
  4. Seebs <> writes:
    > On 2010-04-09, rigs <> wrote:
    >>> 2.  I will contact Mr. "Jimmy" Wales the head of wikipedia to bring
    >>> this matter to his attention using an email used by a person who
    >>> appears to be him when that individual commented at my blog.

    >
    >> But, instead of editing the article, you will impersonate Mr. Seebach
    >> and send lulzy demands under his name? Do I have that correct? If
    >> that is the case, I suggest you refrain from that course of action.

    >
    > He can't edit the article. He's been banned from Wikipedia, repeatedly,
    > for editing the article to remove substantially verified (by multiple
    > independent authorities) information that does not meet his personal
    > tastes.
    >
    > I mean, he can get proxies and go in and re-edit it, but they just put it
    > back.
    >
    > That said, listen to my lawyer -- do not go around trying to impersonate
    > me, *ESPECIALLY* after publically announcing your intent to do so. (Or
    > was "appears to be him" a reference to Jimmy Wales, or to someone else?
    > We really can't tell. Nilges can't write clearly under any known
    > circumstances.)


    My interpretation was that Wales had apparently commented on Nilges'
    blog, and that Nilges intends to contact Wales using the commenter's
    address.

    The assumption that Nilges stated an intention to impersonate Seebs
    implies that Seebs commented at Nilges' blog, which is possible but
    unlikely (Seebs can confirm this either way if he so chooses).

    I believe that rigs misunderstood what Nilges wrote.

    --
    Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
    Nokia
    "We must do something. This is something. Therefore, we must do this."
    -- Antony Jay and Jonathan Lynn, "Yes Minister"
     
    Keith Thompson, Apr 9, 2010
    #4
  5. spinoza1111

    Seebs Guest

    On 2010-04-09, Keith Thompson <> wrote:
    > The assumption that Nilges stated an intention to impersonate Seebs
    > implies that Seebs commented at Nilges' blog, which is possible but
    > unlikely (Seebs can confirm this either way if he so chooses).


    Actually, I can't -- my memory's not good enough. It's possible that
    I did, although I don't remember doing so.

    -s
    --
    Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed. Peter Seebach /
    http://www.seebs.net/log/ <-- lawsuits, religion, and funny pictures
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Game_(Scientology) <-- get educated!
     
    Seebs, Apr 9, 2010
    #5
  6. spinoza1111

    Seebs Guest

    On 2010-04-09, rigs <> wrote:
    > So what's the deal with the extreme white knighting here? The
    > meltdown is interesting (and the Frankfurt School stuff is a nice
    > touch) and the internet quality threats of litigation are amusing, but
    > does he even have a dog in this fight?


    No one knows. My guess is that it's just severe and untreated NPD, and
    that someone he disliked told him Schildt's books were bad; as a result,
    he has huge ego involvement in the claim that this is untrue.

    Which turns out to be a very bad place to be, mentally, because it's
    pretty obvious that the books are atrocious.

    -s
    --
    Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed. Peter Seebach /
    http://www.seebs.net/log/ <-- lawsuits, religion, and funny pictures
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Game_(Scientology) <-- get educated!
     
    Seebs, Apr 9, 2010
    #6
  7. spinoza1111

    rigs Guest

    On Apr 8, 11:55 pm, Seebs <> wrote:
    > On 2010-04-09, rigs <> wrote:
    >
    > >> 2.  I will contact Mr. "Jimmy" Wales the head of wikipedia to bring
    > >> this matter to his attention using an email used by a person who
    > >> appears to be him when that individual commented at my blog.

    > > But, instead of editing the article, you will impersonate Mr. Seebach
    > > and send lulzy demands under his name?  Do I have that correct?  If
    > > that is the case, I suggest you refrain from that course of action.

    >
    > He can't edit the article.  He's been banned from Wikipedia, repeatedly,
    > for editing the article to remove substantially verified (by multiple
    > independent authorities) information that does not meet his personal
    > tastes.
    >
    > I mean, he can get proxies and go in and re-edit it, but they just put it
    > back.
    >
    > That said, listen to my lawyer -- do not go around trying to impersonate
    > me, *ESPECIALLY* after publically announcing your intent to do so.  (Or
    > was "appears to be him" a reference to Jimmy Wales, or to someone else?
    > We really can't tell.  Nilges can't write clearly under any known
    > circumstances.)
    >
    > -s
    > --
    > Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed.  Peter Seebach / ://www.seebs.net/log/<-- lawsuits, religion, and funny pictureshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Game_(Scientology) <-- get educated!


    So what's the deal with the extreme white knighting here? The
    meltdown is interesting (and the Frankfurt School stuff is a nice
    touch) and the internet quality threats of litigation are amusing, but
    does he even have a dog in this fight?
     
    rigs, Apr 9, 2010
    #7
  8. spinoza1111

    spinoza1111 Guest

    On Apr 9, 12:55 pm, rigs <> wrote:
    > On Apr 8, 11:24 am,spinoza1111<> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > We now know that:

    >
    > > CTCR ed. 4 was released in 2000

    >
    > > CTCN references (unskillfully) ed. 3.

    >
    > > CTCN is a major reference in the inappropriate "biography" of Herb
    > > Schildt that was posted as the home page for malicious libel in 2006

    >
    > > This is a major violation of Wikipedia's Biographies of Living Persons
    > > policy and a major error. Therefore, without any special care for
    > > wikipedia in view of its numerous malfeasances, I hereby request Peter
    > > Seebach to remove the Reception section and all footnotes from the
    > > wikipedia article which are used only in Reception, and make no
    > > further changes to that article whatsoever.

    >
    > > If the article is not changed by Monday 12 April I will take these
    > > actions:

    >
    > > 1.  I will raise a BLP issue at wikipedia

    >
    > > 2.  I will contact Mr. "Jimmy" Wales the head of wikipedia to bring
    > > this matter to his attention using an email used by a person who
    > > appears to be him when that individual commented at my blog.

    >
    > Welcome to Wikipedia,
    > The free encyclopedia that anyone can edit.
    >
    > But, instead of editing the article, you will impersonate Mr. Seebach
    > and send lulzy demands under his name?  Do I have that correct?  If
    > that is the case, I suggest you refrain from that course of action.


    No, I went to the Biographies of Living Persons Noticeboard and posted
    my facts. This is what I did last year when the article was even more
    of an assault on Schildt, and a neutral administrator at that time
    removed ALL information that was critical of Schildt.

    Peter Seebach then vandalized the article again and it remains
    vandalized, now with Snarky Tirade II referenced instead of Snarky
    Tirade I. As Malcolm has pointed out, Snarky Tirade I was obviously
    biased and NNPOV which makes the Reception section NNPOV. Snarky
    Tirade II is even more biased.
     
    spinoza1111, Apr 9, 2010
    #8
  9. spinoza1111

    spinoza1111 Guest

    On Apr 9, 12:55 pm, Seebs <> wrote:
    > On 2010-04-09, rigs <> wrote:
    >
    > >> 2.  I will contact Mr. "Jimmy" Wales the head of wikipedia to bring
    > >> this matter to his attention using an email used by a person who
    > >> appears to be him when that individual commented at my blog.

    > > But, instead of editing the article, you will impersonate Mr. Seebach
    > > and send lulzy demands under his name?  Do I have that correct?  If
    > > that is the case, I suggest you refrain from that course of action.

    >
    > He can't edit the article.  He's been banned from Wikipedia, repeatedly,
    > for editing the article to remove substantially verified (by multiple
    > independent authorities) information that does not meet his personal
    > tastes.


    This is not true. Wikipedia takes no steps to ban posts from anonymous
    IP addresses and for this reason is not legally or ethically entitled
    to "ban" anyone in this sense. Its slogan itself says that "everyone"
    can edit. I am physically able to edit wikipedia and here to post a
    BLP notice.

    >
    > I mean, he can get proxies and go in and re-edit it, but they just put it
    > back.
    >
    > That said, listen to my lawyer -- do not go around trying to impersonate
    > me, *ESPECIALLY* after publically announcing your intent to do so.  (Or
    > was "appears to be him" a reference to Jimmy Wales, or to someone else?
    > We really can't tell.  Nilges can't write clearly under any known
    > circumstances.)


    You're going to be talking to MY lawyer, Mr. Seebach, if this
    continues. Let me "illucidate". The sentence clearly states that I
    used an email [address] of the person who commented on my blog to
    notify this person, who appears to be Wales, of the issue.
    >
    > -s
    > --
    > Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed.  Peter Seebach / ://www.seebs.net/log/<-- lawsuits, religion, and funny pictureshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Game_(Scientology) <-- get educated!
     
    spinoza1111, Apr 9, 2010
    #9
  10. spinoza1111

    spinoza1111 Guest

    On Apr 9, 1:18 pm, Seebs <> wrote:
    > On 2010-04-09, Keith Thompson <> wrote:
    >
    > > The assumption that Nilges stated an intention to impersonate Seebs
    > > implies that Seebs commented at Nilges' blog, which is possible but
    > > unlikely (Seebs can confirm this either way if he so chooses).

    >
    > Actually, I can't -- my memory's not good enough.  It's possible that
    > I did, although I don't remember doing so.


    Let me clear up your memory and understanding, since a missing word
    (should have said "email address" for the autistic reader) confused
    you. I have the email address of someone who appeared, based on his
    style, what he said and the email address, to be Jimbo Wales.

    Seebach has never commented on my blog unless he's used a pseudonym,
    and he is not welcome to.
    >
    > -s
    > --
    > Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed.  Peter Seebach / ://www.seebs.net/log/<-- lawsuits, religion, and funny pictureshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Game_(Scientology) <-- get educated!
     
    spinoza1111, Apr 9, 2010
    #10
  11. spinoza1111

    spinoza1111 Guest

    On Apr 9, 1:20 pm, rigs <> wrote:
    > On Apr 8, 11:55 pm, Seebs <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > On 2010-04-09, rigs <> wrote:

    >
    > > >> 2.  I will contact Mr. "Jimmy" Wales the head of wikipedia to bring
    > > >> this matter to his attention using an email used by a person who
    > > >> appears to be him when that individual commented at my blog.
    > > > But, instead of editing the article, you will impersonate Mr. Seebach
    > > > and send lulzy demands under his name?  Do I have that correct?  If
    > > > that is the case, I suggest you refrain from that course of action.

    >
    > > He can't edit the article.  He's been banned from Wikipedia, repeatedly,
    > > for editing the article to remove substantially verified (by multiple
    > > independent authorities) information that does not meet his personal
    > > tastes.

    >
    > > I mean, he can get proxies and go in and re-edit it, but they just put it
    > > back.

    >
    > > That said, listen to my lawyer -- do not go around trying to impersonate
    > > me, *ESPECIALLY* after publically announcing your intent to do so.  (Or
    > > was "appears to be him" a reference to Jimmy Wales, or to someone else?
    > > We really can't tell.  Nilges can't write clearly under any known
    > > circumstances.)

    >
    > > -s
    > > --
    > > Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed.  Peter Seebach / ://www.seebs.net/log/<-- lawsuits, religion, and funny pictureshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Game_(Scientology) <-- get educated!

    >
    > So what's the deal with the extreme white knighting here?  The
    > meltdown is interesting (and the Frankfurt School stuff is a nice
    > touch) and the internet quality threats of litigation are amusing, but
    > does he even have a dog in this fight?


    Yes. I'm tired of the bullying as both victim and observer.
     
    spinoza1111, Apr 9, 2010
    #11
  12. On Apr 9, 2:17 am, Keith Thompson <> wrote:
    > Seebs <> writes:
    > > On 2010-04-09, rigs <> wrote:
    > >>> 2.  I will contact Mr. "Jimmy" Wales the head of wikipedia to bring
    > >>> this matter to his attention using an email used by a person who
    > >>> appears to be him when that individual commented at my blog.

    >
    > >> But, instead of editing the article, you will impersonate Mr. Seebach
    > >> and send lulzy demands under his name?  Do I have that correct?  If
    > >> that is the case, I suggest you refrain from that course of action.

    >
    > > He can't edit the article.  He's been banned from Wikipedia, repeatedly,
    > > for editing the article to remove substantially verified (by multiple
    > > independent authorities) information that does not meet his personal
    > > tastes.

    >
    > > I mean, he can get proxies and go in and re-edit it, but they just put it
    > > back.

    >
    > > That said, listen to my lawyer -- do not go around trying to impersonate
    > > me, *ESPECIALLY* after publically announcing your intent to do so.  (Or
    > > was "appears to be him" a reference to Jimmy Wales, or to someone else?
    > > We really can't tell.  Nilges can't write clearly under any known
    > > circumstances.)

    >
    > My interpretation was that Wales had apparently commented on Nilges'
    > blog, and that Nilges intends to contact Wales using the commenter's
    > address.
    >
    > The assumption that Nilges stated an intention to impersonate Seebs
    > implies that Seebs commented at Nilges' blog, which is possible but
    > unlikely (Seebs can confirm this either way if he so chooses).
    >
    > I believe that rigs misunderstood what Nilges wrote.


    Yeah, my reading was

    "I'm going to contact Jimmy Wales and furthermore
    I have the e-mail address he uses to comment on blogs!"

    Just for fun I typed "Jimmy Wales e-mail" a Google and got
    an e-mail address. I suppose that this one is no good.

    - William Hughes
     
    William Hughes, Apr 9, 2010
    #12
  13. spinoza1111

    Seebs Guest

    On 2010-04-09, William Hughes <> wrote:
    > Yeah, my reading was


    > "I'm going to contact Jimmy Wales and furthermore
    > I have the e-mail address he uses to comment on blogs!"


    Oh-hoh!

    That would indeed make more sense. Marginally.

    That said, if in fact Jimmy Wales has commented on Nilges' blog, I think
    we can safely assume that he is going to refer any missives from Nilges
    to the department of People Who Laugh At Kooks. I'm guessing that with
    the volume of incoherent email they get, any one person would probably die
    from laughing too much from trying to handle the whole load, so they probably
    have a team of people who alternate between processing complaints and looking
    at pictures of children crying over their dead puppies, just to minimize the
    injury. (I wonder, does OSHA yet cover techniques to keep people from getting
    injured laughing at stupidity? It should.)

    -s
    --
    Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed. Peter Seebach /
    http://www.seebs.net/log/ <-- lawsuits, religion, and funny pictures
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Game_(Scientology) <-- get educated!
     
    Seebs, Apr 9, 2010
    #13
  14. Seebs <> wrote:
    > On 2010-04-09, William Hughes <> wrote:
    > > Yeah, my reading was


    > > "I'm going to contact Jimmy Wales and furthermore
    > > I have the e-mail address he uses to comment on blogs!"


    > Oh-hoh!


    > That would indeed make more sense. Marginally.


    > That said, if in fact Jimmy Wales has commented on Nilges' blog, I think we
    > can safely assume that he is going to refer any missives from Nilges to the
    > department of People Who Laugh At Kooks.


    If you have a look at

    http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Talk:U...s_from_Talk:US_History.2FContents.2FSecession

    one starts to wonder even more what he's going to write to "Jimbo"
    Wales this time - might be fun being able to watch;) (Sorry if this
    has already been cited elsethread, I only just stumbled upon it now.)

    Best regards, Jens
    --
    \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___
    \__________________________ http://toerring.de
     
    Jens Thoms Toerring, Apr 10, 2010
    #14
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. spinoza1111

    In the matter of Herb Schildt

    spinoza1111, Sep 25, 2009, in forum: C Programming
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    394
    Colonel Harlan Sanders
    Oct 5, 2009
  2. spinoza1111

    Re: In the matter of Herb Schildt

    spinoza1111, Dec 22, 2009, in forum: C Programming
    Replies:
    20
    Views:
    823
    spinoza1111
    Dec 26, 2009
  3. spinoza1111
    Replies:
    109
    Views:
    2,114
    David Thompson
    May 17, 2010
  4. spinoza1111
    Replies:
    137
    Views:
    2,210
    spinoza1111
    May 28, 2010
  5. spinoza1111

    In the matter of Herb Schildt: article renamed

    spinoza1111, May 8, 2010, in forum: C Programming
    Replies:
    10
    Views:
    541
    Seebs
    May 12, 2010
Loading...

Share This Page