In the matter of Herb Schildt

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by spinoza1111, Sep 25, 2009.

  1. spinoza1111

    spinoza1111 Guest

    My blog post at http://spinoza1111.wordpress.com/2009/09/25/in-the-matter-of-herb-schildt/
    summarizes my views and will be extended when I have the time with a
    detailed commentary on Peter Seebach's and Clive Feather's
    disorganized and nasty attacks on Herb. I will host a discussion of
    this article at my blog.

    I will be somewhat less generous than Peter Seebach has been in
    moderating comments at comp.lang.c.moderated. Pure expressions of
    hatred such as Harlan's and quertyuiop will find their authors in my
    spam queue.

    However, no comment whatsoever by my targets, Seebach or Feather, will
    be censored, and no matter what they say, they will not be placed in
    the spam area. This is in part because of Peter Seebach's
    professionalism as the moderator of comp.lang.c.

    Indeed, it appears to me that Seebach is maturing. I encourage this
    process, and as part of both Seebach's and Feather's growing up they
    both need to post a public apology to Schildt. Hopefully we can get
    their with this "peace process": that is my long term goal.

    I won't look at posts in response to this since I enjoy overmuch the
    war of the buffoons here, helping has it always had me to sharpen my
    ability to speak truth to power. I will endeavor instead to reply to
    posts at my own blog.
    --
    comp.lang.c.moderated - moderation address: -- you must
    or the newsgroup name in square brackets in the subject line. Sorry.
    spinoza1111, Sep 25, 2009

  2. spinoza1111

    Mensanator Guest

    On Sep 25, 2:24 am, spinoza1111 <> wrote:
    > My blog post athttp://spinoza1111.wordpress.com/2009/09/25/in-the-matter-of-herb-sch...
    > summarizes my views and will be extended when I have the time with a
    > detailed commentary on Peter Seebach's and Clive Feather's
    > disorganized and nasty attacks on Herb. I will host a discussion of
    > this article at my blog.
    >
    > I will be somewhat less generous than Peter Seebach has been in
    > moderating comments at comp.lang.c.moderated. Pure expressions of
    > hatred such as Harlan's and quertyuiop will find their authors in my
    > spam queue.
    >
    > However, no comment whatsoever by my targets, Seebach or Feather, will
    > be censored, and no matter what they say, they will not be placed in
    > the spam area. This is in part because of Peter Seebach's
    > professionalism as the moderator of comp.lang.c.
    >
    > Indeed, it appears to me that Seebach is maturing. I encourage this
    > process, and as part of both Seebach's and Feather's growing up they
    > both need to post a public apology to Schildt. Hopefully we can get
    > their with this "peace process": that is my long term goal.

    "their" ?

    Mensanator, Sep 26, 2009

  3. spinoza1111

    gwowen Guest

    > > I won't look at posts in response to this
    >
    > Post here, read here.

    On the plus side, if the posters who argue with spinoza did so
    exclusively on spinoza's blog, rather than on comp.lang.c,
    it would improve the level of discourse in both places.
    gwowen, Sep 26, 2009
  4. spinoza1111

    spinoza1111 Guest

    On Sep 27, 1:16 am, Mensanator <> wrote:
    > On Sep 25, 2:24 am,spinoza1111<> wrote:
    >

    > > My blog post athttp://spinoza1111.wordpress.com/2009/09/25/in-the-matter-of-herb-sch...
    > > summarizes my views and will be extended when I have the time with a
    > > detailed commentary on Peter Seebach's and Clive Feather's
    > > disorganized and nasty attacks on Herb. I will host a discussion of
    > > this article at my blog.

    > > I will be somewhat less generous than Peter Seebach has been in
    > > moderating comments at comp.lang.c.moderated. Pure expressions of
    > > hatred such as Harlan's and quertyuiop will find their authors in my
    > > spam queue.

    > > However, no comment whatsoever by my targets, Seebach or Feather, will
    > > be censored, and no matter what they say, they will not be placed in
    > > the spam area. This is in part because of Peter Seebach's
    > > professionalism as the moderator of comp.lang.c.

    > > Indeed, it appears to me that Seebach is maturing. I encourage this
    > > process, and as part of both Seebach's and Feather's growing up they
    > > both need to post a public apology to Schildt. Hopefully we can get
    > > their with this "peace process": that is my long term goal.

    > "their" ?

    Wheir. Homeirik nod. Hwateveir.

    spinoza1111, Sep 28, 2009
  5. On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 12:43:15 -0500 (CDT), spinoza1111
    <> wrote:

    >On Sep 27, 1:16 am, Mensanator <> wrote:
    >> On Sep 25, 2:24 am,spinoza1111<> wrote:

    >> > both need to post a public apology to Schildt. Hopefully we can get
    >> > their with this "peace process": that is my long term goal.

    >> "their" ?

    >Wheir. Homeirik nod. Hwateveir.

    Can't even acknowledge a simple error without implying it's an
    indicator of genius. Your self-regard has no limit.

    >> > I won't look at posts in response to this

    Took three days for you to violate that undertaking.

    No one cares about this "matter of Herb Schildt". I doubt Schildt
    cares. Trying to turn a couple of reviews of a book TEN YEARS AGO into
    a controversy is, quixotic, or less charitably, totally fucking
    insane.

    You only take up cudgels for Schildt because it's a way to bait
    Heathfield and others. Sadly they rise to the bait and so it goes on,
    and on, and on.

    You'll be back here with another "C is a sucky language!"; "You're all
    tools of the corporate overlords!"; "I was anal probed by aliens"; "I
    was buddies with John Nash" post here in a few weeks when you get
    bored with debating straw men in your blog.
    Colonel Harlan Sanders, Sep 30, 2009
  6. On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 12:43:15 -0500 (CDT), spinoza1111

    Colonel Harlan Sanders, Sep 30, 2009
  7. spinoza1111

    spinoza1111 Guest

    On Sep 30, 4:56 pm, Colonel Harlan Sanders <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 12:43:15 -0500 (CDT),spinoza1111
    >

    > <> wrote:

    > >> "their" ?

    > >Wheir. Homeirik nod. Hwateveir.

    > Can't even acknowledge a simple error without implying it's an
    > indicator of genius. Your self-regard has no limit.

    I mean no such thing, Colonel.

    > Took three days for you to violate that undertaking.

    Actually, I stay out of this intellectual slum for long periods of
    time, because creeps like you sicken me.

    > No one cares about this "matter of Herb Schildt".  I doubt Schildt
    > cares. Trying to turn a couple of reviews of a book TEN YEARS AGO into
    > a controversy is, quixotic, or less charitably, totally fucking
    > insane.

    Schildt cares.

    > You only take up cudgels for Schildt because it's a way to bait
    > Heathfield and others. Sadly they rise to the bait and so it goes on,
    > and on, and on.

    I'm not here to bait anyone. I like discussing code collegially, but I
    find that these discussions are continually disrupted by redneck
    morons. Like you, Kaintuck.

    > You'll be back here with another "C is a sucky language!"; "You're all
    > tools of the corporate overlords!"; "I was anal probed by aliens"; "I
    > was buddies with John Nash" post here in a few weeks when you get
    > bored with debating straw men in your blog.

    Well, Hoss, the fact is that Nash could not live in the sort of
    shithole where you live, because that's how the local boys think,
    bein' dumb bastards who are today jest too cowardly to continue
    lynchin' Nigras. Being ignorant, the boys all con-flate (re-duce,
    hoss) knowledge to conspiracy theorizing.

    spinoza1111, Oct 4, 2009
  8. On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 16:08:14 -0500 (CDT), spinoza1111
    <> wrote:

    >On Sep 30, 4:56 pm, Colonel Harlan Sanders <> wrote:

    >> No one cares about this "matter of Herb Schildt".  I doubt Schildt
    >> cares. Trying to turn a couple of reviews of a book TEN YEARS AGO into
    >> a controversy is, quixotic, or less charitably, totally fucking
    >> insane.

    >Schildt cares.

    You know this how?
    Colonel Harlan Sanders, Oct 5, 2009