    located in a directory on the server. Is there a way to compile these images
    into the assembly?

    Thanks

    Shark Bait, Apr 21, 2005

  2. Compiling the images into the assembly is the easy part. (Mark them as
    embedded resources in the property window.)
    Getting them back out of the assembly and displaying them in a page is the
    hard part.
    You need a special page (or even better yet, an HTTP Module) that only
    outputs the image(s).

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Apr 21, 2005

  3. Shark Bait

    Shark Bait Guest

    What kind of terms would I do a search for? Do you know of any tutorials or
    articles?

    Shark Bait, Apr 21, 2005
  4. Yes, here's an example for you:
    http://weblogs.asp.net/whaggard/archive/2003/03/24/4250.aspx

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Apr 21, 2005
  5. Shark Bait

    Guest

    However, that requires you to include the special page, which doesn't
    really save you anything, unless you have a lot of graphics embedded.

    Here's a way to do it that may or may not work for you. It works for
    me, and I don't need any external files.

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group....aspnet.buildingcontrols/msg/327c5772fa97da69

    Lisa

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD] wrote:
    > Compiling the images into the assembly is the easy part. (Mark them

    as
    > embedded resources in the property window.)
    > Getting them back out of the assembly and displaying them in a page

    is the
    > hard part.
    > You need a special page (or even better yet, an HTTP Module) that

    only
    > outputs the image(s).
    >
    > --
    > I hope this helps,
    > Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP
    > http://SteveOrr.net
    >

    > "Shark Bait" <> wrote in message
    > > Right now I have a web control that serves as a header for all of

    our
    > > intranet sites. The assembly in in the GAC but it has images (jpg)

    that
    > > are
    > > located in a directory on the server. Is there a way to compile

    these
    > > images
    > > into the assembly?
    > >
    > > Thanks

    , Apr 22, 2005
  6. Shark Bait

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD] wrote:
    > Compiling the images into the assembly is the easy part. (Mark them

    as
    > embedded resources in the property window.)
    > Getting them back out of the assembly and displaying them in a page

    is the
    > hard part.
    > You need a special page (or even better yet, an HTTP Module) that

    only
    > outputs the image(s).
    >
    > --
    > I hope this helps,
    > Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP
    > http://SteveOrr.net
    >

    > "Shark Bait" <> wrote in message
    > > Right now I have a web control that serves as a header for all of

    our
    > > intranet sites. The assembly in in the GAC but it has images (jpg)

    that
    > > are
    > > located in a directory on the server. Is there a way to compile

    these
    > > images
    > > into the assembly?
    > >
    > > Thanks