incremental search/dropdownlist

Marc Miller

Does anyone know how to do an incremental search when a user opens
a dropdownlist? Currently it only goes to the first key pressed matching
the first char in the the list.

Thanks,
m miller

Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]

Hi Marc,

Thanks for posting in this group.
Based on my understanding, when you type a word in the drop-down list, you
want the dropdownlist to select the first most matched word in the list,
just like the intellisense
in VS.net IDE.If I misunderstand you, please feel free to tell me.
I think you can get this done through client javascript.
First you should capture keypress event in dropdownlist. Then you can loop
through your list to find a most match one.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]

Hi Marc,

Does my suggestion resolve your issue?
If you still did not figure it out, please feel free to let me know. I will
work with you.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Marc Miller

Jeffrey,

Yes it did 'resolve' it. I was hoping that there was some inate behaviour
with .NET. Sometimes it surprises me that .NET lacks
some of the expected functionalities.

I was off for a few days and didn't get back to the post right away.

Thanks for your reply,
Marc Miller

Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your feedback.
I am glad I can help you.
For your .Net function wish, I think it is still did not implemented in
.Net.
But I think you can provide your suggestion to Microsoft Product team at:
or mail to: (e-mail address removed)

Your feedback will make our product more flexible.

Thanks again.