influence platorm during install -end user question

Peter Hartmann

How do I influence the platform type during install? Could you look
at this and tell me what I'm doing wrong? It's still using
information from get_platform instead of using my preference.

[root@k12linux pyosd-0.2.14]# python setup.py install
--install-purelib=lib.linux=i686-2.3
--install-lib=/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages
running install
running build
running build_py
running build_ext
running install_lib
creating /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/pyosd
copying build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.3/pyosd/__init__.py ->
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/pyosd
copying build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.3/pyosd/daemon.py ->
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/pyosd
byte-compiling /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/pyosd/__init__.py to
__init__.pyc
byte-compiling /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/pyosd/daemon.py to daemon.pyc

Tim Roberts

Peter Hartmann said:
How do I influence the platform type during install? Could you look
at this and tell me what I'm doing wrong? It's still using
information from get_platform instead of using my preference.

[root@k12linux pyosd-0.2.14]# python setup.py install
--install-purelib=lib.linux=i686-2.3
--install-lib=/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages

The answer was given to you previously. To get Python to build a 32-bit
extension, you must use the 32-bit version of Python to run setup.py.
Otherwise, it's always going to use the 64-bit compiler.

Also note that there is a typo in your command line. You have an equals
sign in lib.linux=i686-2.3 where you should have a dash.