    I wanted to know what the LOCAL keyword indicates in this declaration?

    thanks,
    , Sep 22, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > I came across a function declaration of the form
    >
    > LOCAL(int *)
    > function_name (int a, char *b)
    > {
    > code...
    > }
    >

    > I wanted to know what the LOCAL keyword indicates in this declaration?

    LOCAL isn't defined by C, likely it's a macro , so try to figure out
    what it is defined as.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Nils_O=2E_Sel=E5sdal=22?=, Sep 22, 2005

  3. Richard Bos Guest

    wrote:

    > I came across a function declaration of the form
    >
    > LOCAL(int *)
    > function_name (int a, char *b)
    > {
    > code...
    > }
    >

    > I wanted to know what the LOCAL keyword indicates in this declaration?

    Nothing whatsoever, as far as C is concerned. In fact, in straight C
    this is a syntax error. Since it's capitalised, it's probably #defined
    as a macro somewhere else in your code, with a definition that both
    makes this syntactical and explains its meaning.

    Richard
    Richard Bos, Sep 22, 2005