    Can anyone point to what I might look for that's disabling everything.

    Thanks in advance,
    Kevin Vogler
    Kevin Vogler, May 21, 2009

  2. Hello Kevin,

    > I have inherited an asp.net 1.1 site that runs fine on our IIS7
    > server. When I put copies of all the files in the site directory on my
    > development machine and set up the virtual directory in my localhost
    > iis as it is on the webserver the pages don't load correctly. There
    > are includes for the headers, footer, js and css. Locally the js and
    > css includes load but don't seem to be recognized, even the image
    > paths (which are relative) don't seem to work.
    >
    > Can anyone point to what I might look for that's disabling everything.

    My guess is that the site doesn't recognise that it has been deployed in
    a virtaual folder, instead of in the root of the site.

    Usually URL's to resources start with a ~/ in ASP.NET, so that they get rerouted
    to their actual location.

    If the site was developed using just /someresource.css, then it won't work
    when deploying it to a virtual directory.

    Either put the site in th eroot on you dev machine (or make second website
    on your IIS and use hostnames to decide which one to load), or fix the actual
    issue and make sure resources are loaded from their correct location.

    --
    Jesse Houwing
    jesse.houwing at sogeti.nl
    Jesse Houwing, May 21, 2009