    so that headers and footers can differ between sections. I've got the
    documents merging, but I can't seem to figure out how to insert the section
    break. Can anyone help?

    Diane Yocom, Jun 1, 2004

  2. You might want to try a Word newsgroup. The key is that you need to figure
    out the code for a section break, not the ASP code to insert it.

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    "Diane Yocom" <> wrote in message
    > I realize this may not be the best place to post this, but I was at a loss
    > as to where to go, so...
    >
    > I'm trying to merge two separate RTF files (created in Word) into one Word
    > document. I'd like to put a "next page" section break between each

    document

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Jun 1, 2004

    http://search.cpan.org/dist/RTF-Writer/lib/RTF/Cookbook.pod#Paragraph_and_Block-Level_Formatting

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Jun 1, 2004
  4. Diane Yocom

    Diane Yocom Guest

    Thanks for the response.

    I had actually found the following command: \sect\sectd\sbkpage to insert a
    footer, so I was figuring I did something wrong. Does there need to be a
    group delimiter around the section and the text in that section?

    I.e., {\sect\sectd\sbkpage blah blah blah, here's my text}

    "Dave Anderson" <> wrote in message
    > Diane Yocom wrote:
    > > I realize this may not be the best place to post this, but I was at a
    > > loss as to where to go, so...
    > >
    > > I'm trying to merge two separate RTF files (created in Word) into one
    > > Word document. I'd like to put a "next page" section break between
    > > each document so that headers and footers can differ between
    > > sections. I've got the documents merging, but I can't seem to figure
    > > out how to insert the section break. Can anyone help?

    http://search.cpan.org/dist/RTF-Writer/lib/RTF/Cookbook.pod#Paragraph_and_Block-Level_Formatting

    > --
    > Dave Anderson

    Use
    > of this email address implies consent to these terms. Please do not

    contact

    Diane Yocom, Jun 1, 2004
  5. Diane Yocom

    Diane Yocom Guest

    I'll forward there too. Didn't figure a Word group was necessarily a sure
    thing, since RTF isn't solely a Word standard.

    Thanks,
    Diane Y.

    Diane Yocom, Jun 1, 2004
  6. Diane Yocom

    Alan Howard Guest

    I downloaded the RTF spec from MS some time ago and quickly got tired of
    trying to trying to understand it. It sounds gash - but the best approach
    I've found is to generate and save one document, make the change you
    require, save the new file, and then diff them (normally this is a manual
    process) to spot the changes. Normally a certain amount of artistic license
    (and trial and error) is required to interpret and clean up what you see.

    Alan

    Alan Howard, Jun 3, 2004