  1. Need any help with any html script dont hesitate to get in touch with us.

    visit www.insight-design.co.uk for further information.

    email

    peter.bradney1, Oct 12, 2004

  2. peter.bradney1

    SpaceGirl Guest

    peter.bradney1 wrote:
    > Need any help with any html script dont hesitate to get in touch with us.
    >
    > visit www.insight-design.co.uk for further information.
    >

    > email

    Juding by your wonderful non-validiting home page... bad move... wait
    for the flames (and learn how to write HTML) :p

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Oct 12, 2004

  3. peter.bradney1

    Deryck Guest

    "peter.bradney1" <> wrote in message
    > Need any help with any html script dont hesitate to get in touch with us.
    >
    > visit www.insight-design.co.uk for further information.

    Thats very kind of you. If you need help fixing the 90 HTML errors on your
    home page feel free to contact me too.
    Ditto the 4 CSS errors and the Accessibility issues.

    :)

    Deryck

    Deryck, Oct 12, 2004
  4. peter.bradney1

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html peter.bradney1 said:

    > Need any help

    whats wrong with alt.html?

    > with any html script

    ^^^^^^ markup

    > dont hesitate

    with 90 errors on just your front page i suggest they run away screaming

    > get in touch with us.

    i'd like my chainsaw to get in touch with you

    > visit www.insight-design.co.uk for further information.

    no thank you

    --

    v o i c e s

    brucie, Oct 12, 2004
  5. peter.bradney1

    rf Guest

    peter.bradney1 wrote:

    > Need any help with any html script

    Hmmm. html script? The fact that you use html and script in the same
    sentence demonstrates that you know very little about either.

    No need to even look at your web site.

    > dont hesitate to get in touch with us.

    Nope. I will hesitate for a long time.

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Oct 12, 2004
  6. peter.bradney1

    SpaceGirl Guest

    rf wrote:
    > peter.bradney1 wrote:
    >

    >>Need any help with any html script

    > Hmmm. html script? The fact that you use html and script in the same
    > sentence demonstrates that you know very little about either.
    >
    > No need to even look at your web site.
    >

    >>dont hesitate to get in touch with us.

    > Nope. I will hesitate for a long time.

    Have you had a look over their site (beyond the god-awful markup)?
    Sadly, you cant really excuse the errors because of sparkling content
    either... total rubbish. I'm amazed they have any clients.

    I guess there's hope for us all! :)

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Oct 12, 2004
  7. peter.bradney1

    rf Guest

    SpaceGirl

    > Have you had a look over their site (beyond the god-awful markup)?

    No, I didn't.

    <looks/>

    The usual comments apply: fixed width, moving stuff, unintelligible content.

    <checks HTML/>

    Usual dreamweaver crap.

    > Sadly, you cant really excuse the errors because of sparkling content
    > either... total rubbish. I'm amazed they have any clients.

    Yep. Usual dreamweaver crap.

    > I guess there's hope for us all! :)

    There is a bloke over at AWW, I can't remember who at the moment, who
    reallly likes all these fly by night make you a website real cheap (and real
    badly, using DW) people.

    Makes him lots of money fixing them up after the client has suddenly found
    out how bad his brand new web site really is :)

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Oct 12, 2004
  8. peter.bradney1

    SpaceGirl Guest

    rf wrote:
    > SpaceGirl
    >

    >>Have you had a look over their site (beyond the god-awful markup)?

    > No, I didn't.
    >
    > <looks/>
    >
    > The usual comments apply: fixed width, moving stuff, unintelligible content.
    >
    > <checks HTML/>
    >
    > Usual dreamweaver crap.
    >

    >>Sadly, you cant really excuse the errors because of sparkling content
    >>either... total rubbish. I'm amazed they have any clients.

    > Yep. Usual dreamweaver crap.
    >

    >>I guess there's hope for us all! :)

    > There is a bloke over at AWW, I can't remember who at the moment, who
    > reallly likes all these fly by night make you a website real cheap (and real
    > badly, using DW) people.
    >
    > Makes him lots of money fixing them up after the client has suddenly found
    > out how bad his brand new web site really is :)

    Makes me wonder just how fast I could churn our crappy looking pages
    that dont validate given clients stupid enough to pay for it (that is,
    if I didn't mind selling my soul).

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Oct 12, 2004
  9. peter.bradney1

    Deryck Guest

    "SpaceGirl" <> wrote in message

    > Makes me wonder just how fast I could churn our crappy looking pages that
    > dont validate given clients stupid enough to pay for it (that is, if I
    > didn't mind selling my soul).

    Surely the incremental costs of producing valid pages are usually negligible
    (assuming you're using a decent tool to write the code)?
    The fact that people like these guys produce such crap is surely because
    they can't be bothered to read up on all the issues concerning well written
    HTML.

    If it wasn't for Liam's quote: 'Although website design is currently our
    companies [sp!] most natural platform, this will change. We are working more
    and more with exciting brands and people.'
    I'd say that they were a reasonable print-design company who over reached
    themselves when someone gave them copy of DW.

    Deryck

    Deryck, Oct 12, 2004
  10. peter.bradney1

    rf Guest

    SpaceGirl wrote:

    > Makes me wonder just how fast I could churn our crappy looking pages
    > that dont validate given clients stupid enough to pay for it (that is,
    > if I didn't mind selling my soul).

    Hmmm. Churn them out at will if you wish. Just be prepared to change towns
    rapidly. Word gets around you know...

    I prefer the "make it really good but expensive" route and live in the same
    place. The <shudder>clients</shudder> as a whole become willing to pay for
    something that will last past next week :)

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Oct 12, 2004
  11. peter.bradney1

    Philip Ronan Guest

    On 12/10/04 2:27 pm, peter.bradney1 wrote:

    > Need any help with any html script dont hesitate to get in touch with us.

    That's a statement, right? Not a question.

    Although perhaps "lots of" would have been a bit clearer than "any".

    Is this a *paid* job?

    --
    Philip Ronan

    Philip Ronan, Oct 12, 2004
  12. peter.bradney1

    rf Guest

    Deryck wrote:

    > I'd say that they were a reasonable print-design company who over reached
    > themselves when someone gave them copy of DW.

    Good call ;-/

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Oct 12, 2004
  13. peter.bradney1

    SpaceGirl Guest

    rf wrote:
    > SpaceGirl wrote:
    >

    >>Makes me wonder just how fast I could churn our crappy looking pages
    >>that dont validate given clients stupid enough to pay for it (that is,
    >>if I didn't mind selling my soul).

    > Hmmm. Churn them out at will if you wish. Just be prepared to change towns
    > rapidly. Word gets around you know...
    >
    > I prefer the "make it really good but expensive" route and live in the same
    > place. The <shudder>clients</shudder> as a whole become willing to pay for
    > something that will last past next week :)

    Personally, most of my design work is a labour of love. I probably dont
    make as much money as I could out of it, but generally I'm happy at the
    things I put together. Apart from my own sites anyway, which are mostly
    pants, and I hate with a passion.

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Oct 12, 2004
  14. While the city slept, SpaceGirl () feverishly
    typed...

    > Have you had a look over their site (beyond the god-awful markup)?
    > Sadly, you cant really excuse the errors because of sparkling content
    > either... total rubbish. I'm amazed they have any clients.

    Check this one out from their portfolio: http://www.fileytowncouncil.co.uk/
    AARGH! MY EYES!!! ;-)

    > I guess there's hope for us all! :)

    Sadly, too many people are actually impressed enough by this kind of crap.
    Still, a council should know better...

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss
    http://www.nigenet.org.uk

    nice.guy.nige, Oct 12, 2004
  15. peter.bradney1

    Deryck Guest

    "nice.guy.nige" <> wrote in message

    > Check this one out from their portfolio:
    > http://www.fileytowncouncil.co.uk/
    > AARGH! MY EYES!!! ;-)
    >
    >> I guess there's hope for us all! :)

    > Sadly, too many people are actually impressed enough by this kind of crap.
    > Still, a council should know better...

    Some canny web guy could make a fast buck here by telling the council about
    the disability act and offer to rejig that site to get it accessible.
    It has to be the worst of their portfolio doesnt it? It really, really
    sucks.

    Deryck

    Deryck, Oct 12, 2004
  16. peter.bradney1

    rf Guest

    SpaceGirl wrote

    > Personally, most of my design work is a labour of love. I probably dont
    > make as much money as I could out of it, but generally I'm happy at the
    > things I put together. Apart from my own sites anyway, which are mostly
    > pants, and I hate with a passion.

    Hmmm. For a labour of love (<grin/> a LOL?) http://www.dhnewmedia.com is not
    too shabby at all, until I make my font larger that is :)

    Is that yours or yours or is it a "i'm a lead designer" one?

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Oct 12, 2004
  17. peter.bradney1

    SpaceGirl Guest

    rf wrote:
    > SpaceGirl wrote
    >

    >>Personally, most of my design work is a labour of love. I probably dont
    >>make as much money as I could out of it, but generally I'm happy at the
    >>things I put together. Apart from my own sites anyway, which are mostly
    >>pants, and I hate with a passion.

    > Hmmm. For a labour of love (<grin/> a LOL?) http://www.dhnewmedia.com is not
    > too shabby at all, until I make my font larger that is :)
    >
    > Is that yours or yours or is it a "i'm a lead designer" one?

    Hehe

    Wellllll that site was supposed to be "we really need a site, and I have
    a whole 3 hours spare" sort of thing for ourselves (Sirin and I). So, it
    was low effort.

    My own new super-duper project site will be online in November;

    http://digitalharmony.no-ip.com/subhuman10/

    Well, if I can fix all the bugs. That site is from pure love... I dont
    get paid for it, and there's nobody else involved in the design or
    programming.

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Oct 12, 2004
  18. peter.bradney1

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html rf said:

    > http://www.dhnewmedia.com is not too shabby at all,

    i've never liked the matrix effect on the flower. SG should dump it and
    just have the sexy flower or do something original with it. like
    forcefully jabbing it in my eye for giving her a hard time over it.

    > until I make my font larger that is :)

    links do nothing for me

    --

    v o i c e s

    brucie, Oct 12, 2004
  19. peter.bradney1

    brucie Guest

    brucie, Oct 12, 2004
  20. peter.bradney1

    > Need any help with any html script dont hesitate to get in touch with us.
    >
    > visit www.insight-design.co.uk for further information.

    Crashes IE on a Mac laptop apparently. Nice one guys.

    Deryck

    Deryck, Oct 12, 2004