Insight Design Solutions

SpaceGirl

peter.bradney1 said:
Need any help with any html script dont hesitate to get in touch with us.

visit www.insight-design.co.uk for further information.

email (e-mail address removed)

Juding by your wonderful non-validiting home page... bad move... wait
for the flames (and learn how to write HTML) :p

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Deryck

peter.bradney1 said:
Need any help with any html script dont hesitate to get in touch with us.

visit www.insight-design.co.uk for further information.
Thats very kind of you. If you need help fixing the 90 HTML errors on your
home page feel free to contact me too.
Ditto the 4 CSS errors and the Accessibility issues.

:)

Deryck

rf

peter.bradney1 said:
Need any help with any html script

Hmmm. html script? The fact that you use html and script in the same
sentence demonstrates that you know very little about either.

No need to even look at your web site.
dont hesitate to get in touch with us.

Nope. I will hesitate for a long time.

SpaceGirl

rf said:
peter.bradney1 wrote:

Hmmm. html script? The fact that you use html and script in the same
sentence demonstrates that you know very little about either.

No need to even look at your web site.

Nope. I will hesitate for a long time.

Have you had a look over their site (beyond the god-awful markup)?
Sadly, you cant really excuse the errors because of sparkling content
either... total rubbish. I'm amazed they have any clients.

I guess there's hope for us all! :)

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

rf

SpaceGirl
Have you had a look over their site (beyond the god-awful markup)?

No, I didn't.

<looks/>

The usual comments apply: fixed width, moving stuff, unintelligible content.

<checks HTML/>

Usual dreamweaver crap.
Sadly, you cant really excuse the errors because of sparkling content
either... total rubbish. I'm amazed they have any clients.

Yep. Usual dreamweaver crap.
I guess there's hope for us all! :)

There is a bloke over at AWW, I can't remember who at the moment, who
reallly likes all these fly by night make you a website real cheap (and real
badly, using DW) people.

Makes him lots of money fixing them up after the client has suddenly found
out how bad his brand new web site really is :)

SpaceGirl

rf said:
SpaceGirl

No, I didn't.

<looks/>

The usual comments apply: fixed width, moving stuff, unintelligible content.

<checks HTML/>

Usual dreamweaver crap.

Yep. Usual dreamweaver crap.

There is a bloke over at AWW, I can't remember who at the moment, who
reallly likes all these fly by night make you a website real cheap (and real
badly, using DW) people.

Makes him lots of money fixing them up after the client has suddenly found
out how bad his brand new web site really is :)

Makes me wonder just how fast I could churn our crappy looking pages
that dont validate given clients stupid enough to pay for it (that is,
if I didn't mind selling my soul).

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Deryck

SpaceGirl said:
Makes me wonder just how fast I could churn our crappy looking pages that
dont validate given clients stupid enough to pay for it (that is, if I
didn't mind selling my soul).
Surely the incremental costs of producing valid pages are usually negligible
(assuming you're using a decent tool to write the code)?
The fact that people like these guys produce such crap is surely because
they can't be bothered to read up on all the issues concerning well written
HTML.

If it wasn't for Liam's quote: 'Although website design is currently our
companies [sp!] most natural platform, this will change. We are working more
and more with exciting brands and people.'
I'd say that they were a reasonable print-design company who over reached
themselves when someone gave them copy of DW.

Deryck

rf

SpaceGirl said:
Makes me wonder just how fast I could churn our crappy looking pages
that dont validate given clients stupid enough to pay for it (that is,
if I didn't mind selling my soul).

Hmmm. Churn them out at will if you wish. Just be prepared to change towns
rapidly. Word gets around you know...

I prefer the "make it really good but expensive" route and live in the same
place. The <shudder>clients</shudder> as a whole become willing to pay for
something that will last past next week :)

Philip Ronan

Need any help with any html script dont hesitate to get in touch with us.

That's a statement, right? Not a question.

Although perhaps "lots of" would have been a bit clearer than "any".

Is this a *paid* job?

SpaceGirl

rf said:
SpaceGirl wrote:

Hmmm. Churn them out at will if you wish. Just be prepared to change towns
rapidly. Word gets around you know...

I prefer the "make it really good but expensive" route and live in the same
place. The <shudder>clients</shudder> as a whole become willing to pay for
something that will last past next week :)

Personally, most of my design work is a labour of love. I probably dont
make as much money as I could out of it, but generally I'm happy at the
things I put together. Apart from my own sites anyway, which are mostly
pants, and I hate with a passion.

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept, SpaceGirl ([email protected]) feverishly
typed...
Have you had a look over their site (beyond the god-awful markup)?
Sadly, you cant really excuse the errors because of sparkling content
either... total rubbish. I'm amazed they have any clients.

Check this one out from their portfolio: http://www.fileytowncouncil.co.uk/
AARGH! MY EYES!!! ;-)
I guess there's hope for us all! :)

Sadly, too many people are actually impressed enough by this kind of crap.
Still, a council should know better...

Cheers,
Nige

Deryck

nice.guy.nige said:
Check this one out from their portfolio:
http://www.fileytowncouncil.co.uk/
AARGH! MY EYES!!! ;-)

Sadly, too many people are actually impressed enough by this kind of crap.
Still, a council should know better...
Some canny web guy could make a fast buck here by telling the council about
the disability act and offer to rejig that site to get it accessible.
It has to be the worst of their portfolio doesnt it? It really, really
sucks.

Deryck

rf

SpaceGirl wrote
Personally, most of my design work is a labour of love. I probably dont
make as much money as I could out of it, but generally I'm happy at the
things I put together. Apart from my own sites anyway, which are mostly
pants, and I hate with a passion.

Hmmm. For a labour of love (<grin/> a LOL?) http://www.dhnewmedia.com is not
too shabby at all, until I make my font larger that is :)

Is that yours or yours or is it a "i'm a lead designer" one?

SpaceGirl

rf said:
SpaceGirl wrote

Hmmm. For a labour of love (<grin/> a LOL?) http://www.dhnewmedia.com is not
too shabby at all, until I make my font larger that is :)

Is that yours or yours or is it a "i'm a lead designer" one?

Hehe

Wellllll that site was supposed to be "we really need a site, and I have
a whole 3 hours spare" sort of thing for ourselves (Sirin and I). So, it
was low effort.

My own new super-duper project site will be online in November;

http://digitalharmony.no-ip.com/subhuman10/

Well, if I can fix all the bugs. That site is from pure love... I dont
get paid for it, and there's nobody else involved in the design or
programming.

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)