install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll' for module D

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Feyruz, Oct 14, 2005.

  1. Feyruz

    Feyruz Guest

    hello
    i have a strange problem with DBI module.
    has anyone any clue about what is wrong here?

    my connection string:
    ---------------------
    use DBI;
    use DBD::ODBC;
    use DBI qw:)sql_types);
    use strict;
    use warnings;

    my $db = "something";
    my $user = 'XXX';
    my $passwd = 'XXX';
    my $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:Oracle:XXX',
    $user,$passwd,
    {RaiseError => 1,
    AutoCommit => 0}) or die
    $DBI::errstr;

    #################
    This gives the following error:
    ------------------------------
    install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load
    'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll' for module DBD::Oracle:
    load_file:The specified procedure could not be found at
    C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
    at (eval 1) line 3
    Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected
    at Q:\data\PIPELINE\PERL_F~1\Kg\Tools\Db\dbTest.pl line 12
    ####################
    I am using active perl for windows. DBI worked fine before. I dont why
    this happens now.

    Thanks for any reactions

    Feyruz, Oct 14, 2005

  2. Feyruz

    Graham Wood Guest

    Re: install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll'

    Feyruz wrote:
    > use DBI;
    > use DBD::ODBC;

    <snip>
    > my $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:Oracle:XXX',
    > $user,$passwd,
    > {RaiseError => 1,
    > AutoCommit => 0}) or die
    > $DBI::errstr;

    You're using syntax that tells the DBI module to use a DBD::Oracle
    connection and there is nothing to tell DBI that it should use DBD::ODBC.

    Use dbi:ODBC:XXX instead of dbi:Oracle:XXX

    Graham

    Graham Wood, Oct 14, 2005

  3. Feyruz

    Feyruz Guest

    yes you are right abou that. BUT it is not the real problem.
    I have an oracle database.
    I have changed the perl script:

    use DBI;
    use strict;
    use warnings;

    my $user = 'XXX';
    my $passwd = 'XXXX';
    my $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:Oracle::XXXXX',
    $user,$passwd,
    {RaiseError => 1,
    AutoCommit => 0}) or "die
    $DBI::errstr";

    #my $sql = qq{ CREATE TABLE employees ( id INTEGER NOT NULL,
    # name VARCHAR2(128),
    # title VARCHAR2(128),
    # phone CHAR(8)
    # ) };
    #$dbh->do( $sql );

    $dbh->disconnect();
    #######################

    THIS STILL DOES NOT WORK.
    I get this same error:

    Feyruz, Oct 14, 2005
  4. Feyruz

    Feyruz Guest

    I really dont understand this.
    I have installed the new DBD-ORACLE version 1.16. and still nothing,
    the same annoying error.

    I have uninstalled PERL. I have uninstalled DBI, DBD-ODBDC, DBD-ORACLE.

    And then installed them all again. AND NO, IT DOES NOT WORK...

    Such a simple connect string to an Oracle database shouldnt give an
    errror like this???
    ***************************
    install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load
    'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll' for module DBD::Oracle:
    load_file:The specified procedure could not be found at
    C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
    at (eval 1) line 3
    Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected

    *************************
    What is this error all about? I think i am losing my mind

    Feyruz, Oct 14, 2005
  5. Re: install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load

    "Feyruz" <> writes:

    > I really dont understand this.
    > I have installed the new DBD-ORACLE version 1.16. and still nothing,
    > the same annoying error.
    >
    > I have uninstalled PERL. I have uninstalled DBI, DBD-ODBDC, DBD-ORACLE.
    >
    > And then installed them all again. AND NO, IT DOES NOT WORK...
    >
    > Such a simple connect string to an Oracle database shouldnt give an
    > errror like this???
    > install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load
    > 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll' for module DBD::Oracle:
    > load_file:The specified procedure could not be found at

    DBD::Oracle is just a "wrapper" for the Oracle client libraries - have you
    installed those?

    Try this link:

    <http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/oci/instantclient/instantclient.html>

    sherm--