install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll' for module D

Feyruz

hello
i have a strange problem with DBI module.
has anyone any clue about what is wrong here?

my connection string:
---------------------
use DBI;
use DBD::ODBC;
use DBI qw:)sql_types);
use strict;
use warnings;

my $db = "something";
my $user = 'XXX';
my $passwd = 'XXX';
my $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:Oracle:XXX',
$user,$passwd,
{RaiseError => 1,
AutoCommit => 0}) or die
$DBI::errstr;

#################
This gives the following error:
------------------------------
install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load
'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll' for module DBD::Oracle:
load_file:The specified procedure could not be found at
C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
at (eval 1) line 3
Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected
at Q:\data\PIPELINE\PERL_F~1\Kg\Tools\Db\dbTest.pl line 12
####################
I am using active perl for windows. DBI worked fine before. I dont why
this happens now.

Thanks for any reactions

Graham Wood

Feyruz said:
use DBI;
use DBD::ODBC;
my $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:Oracle:XXX',
$user,$passwd,
{RaiseError => 1,
AutoCommit => 0}) or die
$DBI::errstr;

You're using syntax that tells the DBI module to use a DBD::Oracle
connection and there is nothing to tell DBI that it should use DBD::ODBC.

Use dbi:ODBC:XXX instead of dbi:Oracle:XXX

Graham

Feyruz

yes you are right abou that. BUT it is not the real problem.
I have an oracle database.
I have changed the perl script:

use DBI;
use strict;
use warnings;

my $user = 'XXX';
my $passwd = 'XXXX';
my $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:Oracle::XXXXX',
$user,$passwd,
{RaiseError => 1,
AutoCommit => 0}) or "die
$DBI::errstr";

#my $sql = qq{ CREATE TABLE employees ( id INTEGER NOT NULL,
# name VARCHAR2(128),
# title VARCHAR2(128),
# phone CHAR(8)
# ) };
#$dbh->do( $sql );

$dbh->disconnect();
#######################

THIS STILL DOES NOT WORK.
I get this same error:

install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load
'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll' for module DBD::Oracle:
load_file:The specified procedure could not be found at
C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
at (eval 1) line 3
Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected

Feyruz

I really dont understand this.
I have installed the new DBD-ORACLE version 1.16. and still nothing,
the same annoying error.

I have uninstalled PERL. I have uninstalled DBI, DBD-ODBDC, DBD-ORACLE.

And then installed them all again. AND NO, IT DOES NOT WORK...

Such a simple connect string to an Oracle database shouldnt give an
errror like this???
***************************
install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load
'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll' for module DBD::Oracle:
load_file:The specified procedure could not be found at
C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
at (eval 1) line 3
Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected

*************************
What is this error all about? I think i am losing my mind

Sherm Pendley

Feyruz said:
I really dont understand this.
I have installed the new DBD-ORACLE version 1.16. and still nothing,
the same annoying error.

I have uninstalled PERL. I have uninstalled DBI, DBD-ODBDC, DBD-ORACLE.

And then installed them all again. AND NO, IT DOES NOT WORK...

Such a simple connect string to an Oracle database shouldnt give an
errror like this???
install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load
'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll' for module DBD::Oracle:
load_file:The specified procedure could not be found at

DBD::Oracle is just a "wrapper" for the Oracle client libraries - have you
installed those?

Try this link:

<http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/oci/instantclient/instantclient.html>

sherm--