    1. Move "/usr/lib" after "$SYBASE/lib" in LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    2. re-compile DBD, DBI and FreeTDS

    But I still got the message. Any thoughts please?
    April69, Feb 15, 2006

  2. In article <>,
    April69 <> wrote:
    >I got the following error messages after I moved my code to a different
    >SunOS box. Everything worked fine in the previous Sun box:
    >
    >install_driver(Sybase) failed: Can't load
    >'/pie/perl-5.6.0/lib/site_perl/5.6.0/sun4-solaris/auto/DBD/Sybase/Sybase.so'
    >for module DBD::Sybase: ld.so.1: perl: fatal: libtcl.so: open failed:
    >No such file or directory at
    >/pie/perl-5.6.0/lib/5.6.0/sun4-solaris/DynaLoader.pm line 200.
    > at (eval 9) line 3
    >Compilation failed in require at (eval 9) line 3.
    >Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected
    > at /pie/bin/pdl_sp line 164
    >
    >I know this is a classic one. I have tried:
    >1. Move "/usr/lib" after "$SYBASE/lib" in LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    >2. re-compile DBD, DBI and FreeTDS
    >
    >But I still got the message. Any thoughts please?

    I just worked through a similar problem on some of my systems.

    The message indicates that the missing file is "libtcl.so", required
    during loading of Sybase.so.

    Make sure you do in fact have libtcl.so on your system (and check
    that it's not a broken symlink). If necessary, add its directory
    to LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

    In my case, it turned out that the Sybase installation directory
    had changed from that used when the module was compiled, so the
    automatic library search didn't find it. Adding the directory to
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH turned out to be a quick workaround (though recompiling
    the module might be a better long-term solution).

    Gary
    --
    Pay no attention to the reality behind the curtain.
    Gary E. Ansok, Feb 16, 2006