Installation Problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Sehboo, Jun 16, 2008.

  1. Sehboo

    Sehboo Guest

    I have a desktop application which users can download and install.
    They can download, install and run the application first time. But
    second time, some times everything is fine, but some times they get
    the error which says "feature you are trying to use is on a network
    resource that is unavailable. An installation package for the product
    cannot be found. " If they see this error then no matter how many
    times they try to run the app, they always get this error. The only
    way is to uninstall and then reinstall the app.

    It is a very simple installation with couple of registry entries and
    about 5 files being deployed along with shortcuts to those files. I
    can double click the exe file manually and everything is fine, but if
    you try to run the application thru shortcuts then you see the above
    error.

    This of course is not very convenient.

    any idea what could be going wrong there?

    Thanks

    Sehboo, Jun 16, 2008

  2. On Jun 16, 7:11 pm, Sehboo <> wrote:
    > I have a desktop application which users can download and install.
    > They can download, install and run the application first time.  But
    > second time, some times everything is fine, but some times they get
    > the error which says "feature you are trying to use is on a network
    > resource that is unavailable.  An installation package for the product
    > cannot be found. "  If they see this error then no matter how many
    > times they try to run the app, they always get this error.  The only
    > way is to uninstall and then reinstall the app.
    >
    > It is a very simple installation with couple of registry entries and
    > about 5 files being deployed along with shortcuts to those files.  I
    > can double click the exe file manually and everything is fine, but if
    > you try to run the application thru shortcuts then you see the above
    > error.
    >
    > This of course is not very convenient.
    >
    > any idea what could be going wrong there?
    >
    > Thanks

    This group is about ASP.NET, mate

    Alexey Smirnov, Jun 16, 2008