Installed Extensions

Ike

I have the same thing - with the same OS/SDK, which I have been upgrading
say, on this computer from Win2k/1.4.0 to XP/1.4.2. I htink it is the result
of having BOTH a jre installed and the sdk. Further, I think one of those
directories is for the running within the SDK, one for running straight into
the jre. -Ike p.s. in short, I think you;re set up preoperly if you have
both the SDK and jre on that machine, and I would leave these alone. I found
I couldnt get extensions to install unless I put the jars on the same dir in
my server as the mar that was the main one.

Jazz Jezebel

Thanks Ike - I'll leave well alone.

Julia
--
Jazz Jezebel

Ike said:
I have the same thing - with the same OS/SDK, which I have been upgrading
say, on this computer from Win2k/1.4.0 to XP/1.4.2. I htink it is the result
of having BOTH a jre installed and the sdk. Further, I think one of those
directories is for the running within the SDK, one for running straight into
the jre. -Ike p.s. in short, I think you;re set up preoperly if you have
both the SDK and jre on that machine, and I would leave these alone. I found
I couldnt get extensions to install unless I put the jars on the same dir in
my server as the mar that was the main one.

Jazz Jezebel

I found how to see which lib/ext is being used in a class:
System.getProperty("java.ext.dirs");

(So I see that Netbeans uses jre, command line doesn't - I didn't know that)

Julia
--
Jazz Jezebel