Installing packages

P.R.Brady

I've installed a few packages onto my XP office system using ppm which
has proved very simple. Internet speed has not been a concern as it's
100 Mbit/s.
I now want to transfer these to my system at home where Internet speeds
are very low. Can I transfer these from my office system via CD or
memory stick? Which files do I need to copy across/what is the procedure?

Regards
Phil

Bob Walton

P.R.Brady said:
I've installed a few packages onto my XP office system using ppm which
has proved very simple. Internet speed has not been a concern as it's
100 Mbit/s.
I now want to transfer these to my system at home where Internet speeds
are very low. Can I transfer these from my office system via CD or
memory stick? Which files do I need to copy across/what is the procedure?

Regards
Phil

You can go to:

http://ppm.activestate.com/PPMPackages/zips/8xx-builds-only/Windows/

and download the .zip files of the packages you want, and burn
them to CD or whatever. Then unzip them to a directory, and use
ppm's "repository add" command to add that directory, like:

C:>ppm
ppm> repository add name c:\temp\whatever

Turn off the respositories you don't want (if any) using the
"repository off" command. Then issue ppm stuff as usual.

HTH.

P.R.Brady

Bob said:
You can go to:

http://ppm.activestate.com/PPMPackages/zips/8xx-builds-only/Windows/

and download the .zip files of the packages you want, and burn them to
CD or whatever. Then unzip them to a directory, and use ppm's
"repository add" command to add that directory, like:

C:>ppm
ppm> repository add name c:\temp\whatever

Turn off the respositories you don't want (if any) using the "repository
off" command. Then issue ppm stuff as usual.

HTH.

Great! Thanks.
Phil

--