    memory stick? Which files do I need to copy across/what is the procedure?

    Regards
    Phil

    P.R.Brady, Sep 9, 2005

  2. P.R.Brady

    Bob Walton Guest

    P.R.Brady wrote:

    > I've installed a few packages onto my XP office system using ppm which
    > has proved very simple. Internet speed has not been a concern as it's
    > 100 Mbit/s.
    > I now want to transfer these to my system at home where Internet speeds
    > are very low. Can I transfer these from my office system via CD or
    > memory stick? Which files do I need to copy across/what is the procedure?
    >
    > Regards
    > Phil

    You can go to:

    http://ppm.activestate.com/PPMPackages/zips/8xx-builds-only/Windows/

    and download the .zip files of the packages you want, and burn
    them to CD or whatever. Then unzip them to a directory, and use
    ppm's "repository add" command to add that directory, like:

    C:>ppm
    ppm> repository add name c:\temp\whatever

    Turn off the respositories you don't want (if any) using the
    "repository off" command. Then issue ppm stuff as usual.

    HTH.
    --
    Bob Walton

    Bob Walton, Sep 10, 2005

  3. P.R.Brady

    P.R.Brady Guest

    Bob Walton wrote:
    > P.R.Brady wrote:
    >
    >> I've installed a few packages onto my XP office system using ppm which
    >> has proved very simple. Internet speed has not been a concern as it's
    >> 100 Mbit/s.
    >> I now want to transfer these to my system at home where Internet
    >> speeds are very low. Can I transfer these from my office system via
    >> CD or memory stick? Which files do I need to copy across/what is the
    >> procedure?
    >>
    >> Regards
    >> Phil

    > You can go to:
    >
    > http://ppm.activestate.com/PPMPackages/zips/8xx-builds-only/Windows/
    >
    > and download the .zip files of the packages you want, and burn them to
    > CD or whatever. Then unzip them to a directory, and use ppm's
    > "repository add" command to add that directory, like:
    >
    > C:>ppm
    > ppm> repository add name c:\temp\whatever
    >
    > Turn off the respositories you don't want (if any) using the "repository
    > off" command. Then issue ppm stuff as usual.
    >
    > HTH.

    Great! Thanks.
    Phil

    --