Installing Ruby and RubyGems on Red Hat Linux 9

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Angrez, Mar 12, 2007.

  1. Angrez

    Angrez Guest

    Hi,

    I would like to know which versions of Ruby and RubyGems I can install
    on Red Hat Linux 9?

    I was able to install Ruby version 1.6.8-5 successfully.
    But when I tried to install RubyGems 0.8.0 I got error like there is
    no module called "FileUtils".
    I got same error with RubyGems 0.4.0.
    Then I tried installing RubyGems 0.2.0 i got error like there is no
    module called 'stringio'.

    I also tried installing Ruby 1.8.2-7.5 but got error that the versions
    of required dependencies like libdb, libssl etc are not correct. It
    required version 5.0 but Red Hat Linux 9 has version 4.0 for these
    dependencies.

    Could any one please let me know which Ruby and RubyGems version I can
    install successfully with Red Hat Linux 9?

    Thanks & Regards,
    Angrez

    Angrez, Mar 12, 2007