Installing ruby-db2-0.4 for DB2 gives SQLConnect() errors.

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Dinesh, Apr 3, 2006.

  1. Dinesh

    Dinesh Guest

    Hi,

    I'm new to Ruby and i was trying to install the "ruby-db2-0.4" package
    and i'm getting the below error. Can any one please guide me. I folled
    the instructions as per the Readme. I'm using DB2 V 8.1.4. I have
    installed DB2 CLI. Also i have set the path to poing to
    DB2DIR=C:\Progra~1\IBM\SQLLIB, but when i run "ruby setup.rb setup" i
    get the below error.

    entering setup phase...
    c:/ruby/bin/ruby extconf.rb
    checking for SQLConnect() in db2cli.lib... no
    ABORT: Could not locate DB2 libraries or headers!
    Please set DB2DIR to your DB2 directory, e.g. /usr/IBMdb2/V7.1 (UNIX) or
    C:/SQLL
    IB (Windows)
    setup failed
    'system c:/ruby/bin/ruby extconf.rb' failed
    try "ruby setup.rb --help" for usage

    Thanks for your help
    Dinesh

    Dinesh, Apr 3, 2006