Integrated Security Reverting?

stevefromoz

I have an ASP.net (2.x) application that uses Integrated Security. In this
app, i spawn a new thread to allow the primary UI to return to the user while
the other thread goes off and performs some (very) long SQL and AS processes.
The problem I have is when that thread goes off to do its work. It starts
by performing soe DB interaction (with SQL 2K5) which it does under the
security context of the user who was working with the asp application. After
it finishes the DB work, it then communciates with AS (analysis Services) but
for some reason is 'reverting' to using the App Pool Identity user rather
than the identty of the user who was using the app.

Basic flow is:
aspx makes call to class passing security context
aspx then calls new thread with a method of the class
aspx returns to user
in the other class the first thing done is to take the security context and
star impersonating
then calls SQL tasks
then calls AS tasks.

I am encountering this issue on only 1 server. Every other server I've
tried it on I can't replicate the behaviour.

Any ideas or suggestions greatly welcomed.

Steve.