Integrated Windows Authentication Problem

AGB

Hi all,

I just created a website in IIS 6. I am using ASP.net and have set
impersonate=true in my web config. I set the security level to
Integrated Windows Authentication but don't get prompted by any login.
Does IIS 6 do something different? Am I missing something?

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Internet Explorer, by default, will send NT logon credentials to a Web site
that is being loaded in the intranet zone, therefore bypassing any logon
prompt for the user.

Ray at work

Jason Penniman

As long as it's a domain member on a local network, IIS uses the credentials
of the person logged in to the workstation and will not prompt.

If the workstation is not a domain member, or it's a public site behind a
firewall/proxy, you'll get a prompt.

Be careful with impersonation. It only gets you access to the IIS machine
allowing you to set up windows security on your web folders/pages. You
still cannot impersonate out-of-process.

Guest

Hi AGB to get prompted after having Integrated Windows Authentication ..u
also have to uncheck Anonymous Access for the website..
And is the IIS on the Domain?
Hope this helps..
Patrick