Integrating applications?

ayende

I want to use Cuyahoga as my CMS, so I place it on the root of the
site. I also have a dasBlog on the /Blog/ directory. Both the root &
the /Blog/ directory are IIS applications.

Each of those applications works very well on its own, but my problem
is making both of them play together. I get the following error when
trying to access the /Blog/ directory:

File or assembly name Cuyahoga.Web, or one of its dependencies, was
not found.

<add type="Cuyahoga.Web.Util.UrlHandlerModule, Cuyahoga.Web"
name="UrlHandlerModule" />

Cuyahoga-0.6.0\web.config

My problem is that I can't think of a way to trasfer control from one
application to another. Anyone can offer a solution?

Scott Allen

Here is what happens:

Cuyahoga is in the root of the server. Cuyahoga specifies a URL
Handler to add in Cuyahoga.Web.dll. ASP.NET always loads assemblies
from the bin directory, and since this dll is present everything
works.

DasBlog is a seperate application in a subdirectory. DasBlog inherits
the settings in the root web.config, so it is also trying to load
Cuyahoga.Web.dll, but it is not in the bin directory of this sub
application.

To verify this problem you can copy the Cuyahoga dll into the dasblog
bin directory and see everything work.

The only real solution is to <clear/> out all handlers and add back in
what you need (be sure to copy the ASP.NET defaults from
machine.config). Unfortunately, the <remove> tag still wants to locate
the dll before it will remove it.

HTH,