intellisense and javascript

josh

Hi, I read that in VS 2008 I can have intellisense also on my .js file
but
it does not work!

If in my .aspx file write:

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="Util.js"></
script>
getMessage("ss");
</script>

there when I try to write getM... the intellisense does not show me!

May be must I set some other options for enable that feature?

Thanks

Munna

Hi,

I think you are missing some thing here,.....
Reading your post i open my VS(2008). the added a new web application
project,....
added a javascript file(JScript1.js) then put down a demo function
named "somefunction()"
i navigated back to aspx page... and the javascript link as
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"
src="JScript1.js">
</script>

next i put another script block
and try type somefunction intellisense showed up...

so there is some thing wrong with your scenario...

Best of luck

Munna

www.munna.shatkotha.com/blog
www.munna.shatkotha.com
www.shatkotha.com

josh

Hi,

I think you are missing some thing here,.....
Reading your post i open my VS(2008). the added a new web application
project,....
added a javascript file(JScript1.js) then put down a demo function
named "somefunction()"
i navigated back to aspx page... and the javascript link as
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"
src="JScript1.js">
    </script>

next i put another script block
and try type somefunction intellisense  showed up...

so there is some thing wrong with your scenario...

Best of luck

Munna

www.munna.shatkotha.com/blogwww.munna.shatkotha.comwww.shatkotha.com

Really I have done your same steps and for me intellisense doesn't
work.

I have Visual Studio 2008 Team System Edition:

Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 9.0.21022.8 RTM
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

Bah this is a mistery!