interacting with an opened libreoffice calc file

androidmaroso

Hi everyone,

i'm new to the newsgroup and to python allthough (thanks to internet and the helpfull people i find) i've done a few scripts in python working like a charm.

First of all i have to say i'm working on linux with python 2.3.7 (hope it's right) and libreoffice calc.

My calc file gathers info from the web and adjusts it like i want and everything works fine there.

My final result is a sheet called RESULTS where i have 6 columns :

1st column has BUY MARKET NAMES
2nd column has EURO PRICES (relative to the market's name in EURO currency)
3rd column has ORIG PRICE (value in the original currency)

4th column has SELL MARKET NAMES
5th column has EURO PRICES (relative to the market's name in EURO currency)
6th column has ORIG PRICE (value in the original currency)

I would like to have another sheet or place (let's call it ALERTS) where ican make a list of alerts i would like to receive ... for example :

MARKET1 BUY <= 20
MARKET2 SELL = 90
MARKET3 BUY > 59

What i would like is a script in python that reads all lines in the sheet ALERTS every n. (minutes or seconds) and compares the values from the RESULTS sheet and if the condition is TRUE then shoots an ALARM (soundfile would be great, maybe a customizable one)

Is this possible? How can i acheive this?

Thanks to anyone that can give me a solution, hint o show me the right direction.

Cheers!

Marco.