Interesting Project

Nico VanHaaster

Hey guys,

I have an interesting project that i am undertaking and came to a snag.
I know there has to be a resource out there however can't seem to come
across anything that seems to do the functions I need it to do. Now i
am not looking for someone to code it but just some help with the idea.

We are looking to add a webcam to our site with the ability to snap a
picture at a given moment. Now the webcam we want to display is the
users webcam (client) that is connected to the clients machine, not a
webcam connected to the server. Now to start i would like to view the
camera over the web.

Any suggestions?

Michael Nemtsev

Hello Nico,

NV> I have an interesting project that i am undertaking and came to a
NV> snag. I know there has to be a resource out there however can't seem
NV> to come across anything that seems to do the functions I need it to
NV> do. Now i am not looking for someone to code it but just some help
NV> with the idea.
NV>
NV> We are looking to add a webcam to our site with the ability to snap
NV> a picture at a given moment. Now the webcam we want to display is
NV> the users webcam (client) that is connected to the clients machine,
NV> not a webcam connected to the server. Now to start i would like to
NV> view the camera over the web.

This is your idea? There are a lot of samples how to do it http://www.codeproject.com/dotnet/wiascriptingdotnet.asp?target=WIA

What's the problem?

---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev [C# MVP] :: blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
cease to be insipid." (c) Friedrich Nietzsch

Nico VanHaaster

The problem is everything is web based on VB.Net, this needs to
integrate into our current systems. I need some sort of direction to
take this to a client side web based webcamera to snap pictures. Maybe
i am off base but I am sure there is something out there

Michael Nemtsev

Hello Nico,

Client need to put it's grabbed picture to the server. How to send it is
up to u. Either with FTP or custom way based on SQL tables or direct transfering
to server's webservice

NV> The problem is everything is web based on VB.Net, this needs to
NV> integrate into our current systems. I need some sort of direction to
NV> take this to a client side web based webcamera to snap pictures.
NV> Maybe i am off base but I am sure there is something out there

---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev [C# MVP] :: blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
cease to be insipid." (c) Friedrich Nietzsche