Internet Explorer jar file update question

Kid

Hello

I use Borland JBuilder jar file for my web page design .

I found that all client IE window should close and re-open web site
after updating jar file to web server .

If I just press refresh from client IE , the jar page will not
update .

Is there any good way that I need not close all IE window ?

Thank you very much .

Andrew Thompson

Kid wrote:
I use Borland JBuilder jar file for my web page design .
Applets?

Is there any good way that I need not close all IE window ?

Use FF? ;) No just kidding (mostly).

To get a fresh page in IE, type Ctrl-F5 (forced refresh).
That will definitely reload the HTML, but perhaps not the
Jar archives. Better to handle that from the Java console*.

Open the Java console and type
'x' (clear classloader cache) then
F5 (back in IE) to reload the page.

But. Thy are you needing to refresh classes in IE
so often? It it better to test applets in the applet
viewer (or a generic frame) and only upload them
once development is finished - they should not
change often.

* (Alt t, Sun Java Console)

Kid

Kid wrote:

..

Use FF? ;) No just kidding (mostly).

To get a fresh page in IE, type Ctrl-F5 (forced refresh).
That will definitely reload the HTML, but perhaps not the
Jar archives. Better to handle that from the Java console*.

Open the Java console and type
'x' (clear classloader cache) then
F5 (back in IE) to reload the page.

But. Thy are you needing to refresh classes in IE
so often? It it better to test applets in the applet
viewer (or a generic frame) and only upload them
once development is finished - they should not
change often.

* (Alt t, Sun Java Console)

Thank for your kind teaching .