    I need some for .Net, PHP, Java, possibly Python, and others. I'm trying
    to bypass the compiler option. I recognize there other different types
    of interpreters out there. Feedback please?

    Rafael El Frederico, Dec 27, 2008

  2. On 27.12.2008 11:51, Rafael El Frederico wrote:
    > What would be some good interpreters for the Ruby programming language?
    > I need some for .Net, PHP, Java, possibly Python, and others. I'm trying
    > to bypass the compiler option. I recognize there other different types
    > of interpreters out there. Feedback please?

    Your question is all too unclear. Do you need an interpreter for Ruby
    or for .Net / PHP / Java / Python? Are you looking for one that can do
    all of them or only few of them? What are you trying to achieve,
    interpret Java code?

    robert

    Robert Klemme, Dec 27, 2008

  3. Re: Interpreter to work well with other programming language

    I need a Ruby Interpreter which works well with all other kinds of
    programming languages. These would potentially include C#, C, C++, Java,
    PHP, Perl, Python, and other ones if possible.

    The Ruby Interpreter has to be expandable and easy to use or implement.

    I want it to interpret the other languages so that it works along well
    with Ruby. I'm trying to build the main format of the program in Ruby,
    while other fellow developers and programmers are to program in
    different languages like C#, PHP, Perl, etc.

    It needs to be capable of interpreting various other programming
    languages, but be a Ruby Programmed Interpreter, not a Java Net Beans
    Interpreter. Whereas, the interpreter would interpret other languages
    while working inside of Ruby programming, but not to be compiled or
    anything.

    Rafael El Frederico, Dec 27, 2008
  4. Re: Interpreter to work well with other programming language

    Rafael El Frederico wrote:
    > It needs to be capable of interpreting various other programming
    > languages, but be a Ruby Programmed Interpreter, not a Java Net Beans
    > Interpreter. Whereas, the interpreter would interpret other languages
    > while working inside of Ruby programming, but not to be compiled or
    > anything.

    Basically, I'm trying to completely program with other programmers
    without having to use a compiler, having Ruby as the main programming
    language. I want to entirely avoid loading time from a compiler for the
    other programming languages, which will be used in the programming
    process. I'd prefer the Interpreter to be a ruby one, instead of a java
    one like the NetBeans interpreter and compilers I have seen. The loading
    time for programming on it is atrocious, based upon my opinion.
    Although, it is a wonderful branded program.

    Rafael El Frederico, Dec 27, 2008
  5. Re: Interpreter to work well with other programming language

    On 27.12.2008 15:35, Rafael El Frederico wrote:
    > I need a Ruby Interpreter which works well with all other kinds of
    > programming languages. These would potentially include C#, C, C++, Java,
    > PHP, Perl, Python, and other ones if possible.
    >
    > The Ruby Interpreter has to be expandable and easy to use or implement.
    >
    > I want it to interpret the other languages so that it works along well
    > with Ruby. I'm trying to build the main format of the program in Ruby,
    > while other fellow developers and programmers are to program in
    > different languages like C#, PHP, Perl, etc.
    >
    > It needs to be capable of interpreting various other programming
    > languages, but be a Ruby Programmed Interpreter, not a Java Net Beans
    > Interpreter.Whereas, the interpreter would interpret other languages
    > while working inside of Rubyprogramming, but not to be compiled or
    > anything.

    I doubt this beast exists. You can use JRuby and then essentially call
    arbitrary Java code. I am not sure whether there is a similar thing for
    .Net - but I am almost certain that there is no such thing as an engine
    which will interpret .Net *and* Java code equally well at the same time
    - let alone all the other languages you mention.

    I doubt the usefulness as well. All in one solution tend to get bloated
    and have all sorts of issues caused by the different worlds they try to
    melt into one.

    Your time and money is probably better invested by either using a
    distributed approach (i.e. inter process communication like with CORBA
    or WebServices) or teach the other guys Ruby or Python to use that
    instead of their favorite language. My 0.02EUR...

    Kind regards

    robert

    Robert Klemme, Dec 27, 2008