intialisation of matrix of integers

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by mohansriram, Aug 30, 2012.

  1. mohansriram

    mohansriram

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    please help me how to initialise a matrix containing integers of order 2x2
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    >what is the problem in following program, i could'nt understand:

    library ieee;
    use ieee.std_logic_1164.all;
    use ieee.std_logic_signed.all;

    entity test_12 is
    port(a,b,c,d:in integer;e,f,g,h: out std_logic_vector(4 downto 0));

    end test_12;

    architecture behv of test_12 is
    type a11 is array(1 to 2,1 to 2) of std_logic_vector(2 downto 0);
    type b11 is array(1 to 2,1 to 2) of std_logic_vector(2 downto 0);
    signal sa,sb,sc,sd:signed(3 downto 0);
    begin
    sa<= conv_signed(a,4);
    sb<= conv_signed(b,4);
    sc<= conv_signed(c,4);
    sd<= conv_signed(d,4);
    a11<=((sa,sb),(sc,sd));
    process
    begin
    e:=a1(1,1)+'1';
    end process;
    end behv;

    in this program, it was showing that "conv_signed" is unknown identifier
    but conv_signed is predefined function in std_logic_arith library....

    please anyone help me in this program
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
    mohansriram, Aug 30, 2012