Invalid_Viewstate error again

Jennyfer J Barco

Hello I'm sending this again since I didn't have any answer 5 days before I
sent this e-mail.

Hello, Sometimes I'm getting this Application error:

Error:Invalid_Viewstate
Client IP: 10.0.2.238
Port: 4436
1.1.4322)
ViewState:
dDwtMTYwODU1NjAwNDt0PDtsPGk8Mz47aTw1PjtpPDc+O2k8OD47PjtsPHQ8cDxwPGw8VGV4dDtW

Where is it generating this error? What does it cause? How can I fix it?

Thanks in Advance

Jennyfer

Alvin Bruney [MVP - ASP.NET]

You can fix it by resetting the application pool recycle settings. you get
that error for a number of reasons. There is a very long thread in this
newsgroup about a possible fix about 2 months ago. I'm producing a resource
on this on MSDN (haven't quite finished it yet though so it aint ready)

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney - ASP.NET MVP

[Shameless Author Plug]
Now available @ www.lulu.com/owc, Amazon.com etc

gg

I am getting this same error with the mozilla broswers. Otherwise it works
fine in IE. What is happening is the viewstate is apparently getting
truncated. Any idea how to prevent it?

Thanks

Jennyfer J Barco said:
Hello I'm sending this again since I didn't have any answer 5 days before
sent this e-mail.

Hello, Sometimes I'm getting this Application error:

Error:Invalid_Viewstate
Client IP: 10.0.2.238
Port: 4436
1.1.4322)
ViewState:
dDwtMTYwODU1NjAwNDt0PDtsPGk8Mz47aTw1PjtpPDc+O2k8OD47PjtsPHQ8cDxwPGw8VGV4dDtW

Where is it generating this error? What does it cause? How can I fix it?

Thanks in Advance

Jennyfer

Alvin Bruney [MVP - ASP.NET]

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555353
try this. If it needs updating please post back