    to avoid having to learn something that is NOT going to help me.

    Thanks

    C.Fleury
    =?Utf-8?B?Y0ZsZXVyeQ==?=, Nov 1, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Y0ZsZXVyeQ==?=

    Chris Austin Guest

    I am assuming that the invoice you want to print is already an ASP.Net web
    form. If it isn't then you have a couple of options which to go by. But
    first, if it is already ASP.Net web form and when the user clicks on the
    browser's print button, then you want the page formatted in a printer
    friendly format then I would just use the @media print {} in CSS (Cascading
    Style Sheets). Using the CSS @media allows the page to look one way for the
    screen and another for the printer and you avoid all the messing popup
    windows and javascript.

    If it is not already in a web form, then you could use a web form, PDF, or
    even Crystal. But, personally in the past using web forms worked well when
    I had a requirement to display and print an invoice to the end-user.

    HTH.

    -Chris
    ~
    http://weblogs.austinspad.com/caustin

    Chris Austin, Nov 1, 2004

  3. Printing in an ASP.Net application happens on the client side. As the
    document in the client browser is an HTML document, the browser does the
    printing. The browser printing cannot be controlled (much) through code. The
    only thing you can really control is the format of the document. What you
    have to do is create an HTML document that looks good when printed via the
    browser.

    Crystal Reports.Net, which comes bundled with Visual Studio.Net, is a web
    version of Crystal Reports. If you want to use it to create your invoice,
    you may be overdoing it. An invoice is perhaps technically, a report, but
    IMHO you'll have a lot less trouble creating your own Invoice page.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Nov 1, 2004