IO::Seekable::getpos missing (auto/IO/IO.so not loading) ?

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Joe Johnson, Apr 2, 2005.

  1. Joe Johnson

    Joe Johnson Guest

    Greetings,

    I just did a fresh install of Solaris 10 on Sparc. The OS ships with
    perl_5.8.4. When I run some of my scripts that run fine on Linux, I get
    this:

    IO::Seekable::getpos missing at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.6/FileHandle.pm
    line 59.
    Compilation failed in require at
    /home/steve/Development/Tools/common/putil/Eq/Util/FileHandleObj.pm line 6.

    Looking around in various discussion groups, I see that others have had
    similar problems on other platforms, and in two cases it has been
    suggested that auto/IO/IO.so is not loading. I guess IO.so must contain
    the missing getpos method. I have not found a solution to the problem.

    I tried upgrading to Perl version 5.8.6, but I get the same error from
    that version.

    Can anyone explain why this is happening, and better yet, how to fix it?
    If so, I'd be ever in your debt.

    TIA,

    Joe

    Joe Johnson, Apr 2, 2005