ipcam to stream?

CptDondo

(This is a synopsis of a similar post to c.l.php; apologies if you're
seeing this twice).

I have an airlink101 ipcam. It "streams" jpeg images to a web browser.

Basically, the camera sends a never-ending http page, and continually
retransmits a jpeg image.

I want to grab that stream and display it as an embedded object, similar
to the way you see live webcams. I'm not really interested in recording
it; I just want someone who hits my website to see the action as it happens.

I had initially tried to repeatedly grab the image but it takes about
1-2 seconds to refresh, and the camera frame rate is 10 fps. Here's the
description of the process the camera uses (from
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/coding4fun/hardware/video/article.aspx?articleid=912407>

):

MotionJPEG over HTTP uses the Content-Type header
"multipart/x-mixed-replace" along with a configurable boundary. This
means that the stream is made up of Multiple Parts (hence multipart) and
each new frame should replace the previous frame (hence
x-mixed-replace). This particular camera sends an HTTP Header like this:

So.. I'm kind of stuck on how to deal with that. I want to take that
stream and display it an an embedded object in a webpage. The page is
generated on the fly with php, so I could do some processing on the fly.

Are there any references anywhere for streaming video? All I get with
Google is offers to host my stream, but I can't find a HOWTO....

--Yan