IronRuby...will it be like J++?

Julian Raschke

Next, after MS took the bait Sun trotted out for them, and got sued, they
"invented" C#. Despite clueless bookstore workers shelve this mixed in with
C and C++, C# is really Java with some of the keywords
searched-and-replaced. And the license terms rewritten.

Frankly, I think "C# is Java with replaced keywords" is the new
"Delphi is VB with replaced keywords". Maybe C# and Java are
technically similar (moreso than Delphi and VB), but that doesn't mean
their design rationales are. Maybe this wasn't obvious in the first
versions, but I think C# 3.0 looks really smart, in fact a lot like
what many C++09 proposals wish for too.

Julian