    When I run a web applikation I copy the aspx files is that the only way.
    I do want to believe so but just to be sure I ask you ?

    //Tony
    Tony Johansson, Nov 30, 2010

  2. Tony Johansson

    Jason Keats Guest

    Tony Johansson wrote:
    > Hello!
    >
    > When I run a web applikation I copy the aspx files is that the only way.
    > I do want to believe so but just to be sure I ask you ?
    >
    > //Tony

    You need to know that there are at least two types of ASP.NET
    application - web application and web site (and, now, MVC).

    You do NOT have to deploy code (.cs, .vb) files if you have chosen the
    Web Application project type. In this case your code will be compiled
    into an assembly (dll). You have to deploy the dll and .aspx pages (+
    css + images + ...).

    If you chose the Web Site project type then your pages are dynamically
    compiled on the web server - so I believe that all files must be
    deployed to the server.

    It may also depend on whether you're using Visual Studio Express, or not.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa730880(VS.80).aspx#wapp_topic5
    Jason Keats, Nov 30, 2010