Is it possible to implement pop-up window without Javascript?

GS

Guys:

I have a question, Is it possible to implement pop-up window without
Java script, we don't want to use java script since it might get
blocked by pop-up blocker. Thanks in advance.

GS.

mbstevens

GS said:

Presumptive already.
...Is it possible to implement pop-up window without
Java script, we don't want to use java script since it might get
blocked by pop-up blocker.

I take it, then, that you are uninterested in the ethical aspect of
forcing a pop up on the visitor.

Perhaps your question would be better asked on some crackers' or
spammers' forums instead of cross posting to legitimate newsgroups.

Chaddy2222

GS said:
Guys:

I have a question, Is it possible to implement pop-up window without
Java script, we don't want to use java script since it might get
blocked by pop-up blocker. Thanks in advance.

GS.
No can do. Pop-up blockers (includeing the one in IE6 SP2 can be set to
block all pop-ups, it just blocks all windows from opening, unless I
tell the blocker otherwise.

Michael Winter

GS said:
Is it possible to implement pop-up window without Java script,
Yes.

we don't want to use java script since it might get blocked by pop-up
blocker.

What makes you think that pop-up blockers only affect those created by
scripts?

Mike

"Java script" is one word - it otherwise implies some significant
relationship with Java, and there is none. JavaScript (capital J,
capital S) refers to a specific ECMAScript implementation. Javascript
(capital J, or all lower case) is conventionally used, at least in
c.l.javascript, to refer to ECMAScript implementations in general.

Evertjan.

Michael Winter wrote on 12 okt 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:
What makes you think that pop-up blockers only affect those created by
scripts?

If there is one thing off-topic in this NG,
it is questions stipulating that javascript must not be involved.

and Java script does not even exist.

dadof6

Use a div made to look like a popup. When not in use set the visibility
of that div to hidden and when you want the div to "popup" set the
visibility to visible. You will of course have to pay attention to the
positioning of that div.

Hope that helps..

Nathan

Ed Jay

dadof6 scribed:
Use a div made to look like a popup. When not in use set the visibility
of that div to hidden and when you want the div to "popup" set the
visibility to visible. You will of course have to pay attention to the
positioning of that div.

Hope that helps..

How do implement your scheme without using js?

dadof6

Good point..

Maybe I assumed to much on that question. I thought GS was really
asking how do you get a popup to work even when a popup blocker is on.
In wich case the solution I suggested would work.

Nathan

RobG

If you want to do stuff in a browser client-side but don't want to use
javascript, your choices are HTML or CSS. It seems more appropriate to
post in a newsgroup dedicated to the technologies you want to use,
rather than those you don't.

CSS

The position of the "tooltip" seems defective in non-IE browsers.