    Java script, we don't want to use java script since it might get
    blocked by pop-up blocker. Thanks in advance.

    GS.
    GS, Oct 12, 2006

  2. GS

    mbstevens Guest

    GS wrote:
    > Guys:

    Presumptive already.

    > ...Is it possible to implement pop-up window without
    > Java script, we don't want to use java script since it might get
    > blocked by pop-up blocker.

    I take it, then, that you are uninterested in the ethical aspect of
    forcing a pop up on the visitor.

    Perhaps your question would be better asked on some crackers' or
    spammers' forums instead of cross posting to legitimate newsgroups.
    mbstevens, Oct 12, 2006

  3. GS

    Chaddy2222 Guest

    GS wrote:
    > Guys:
    >
    > I have a question, Is it possible to implement pop-up window without
    > Java script, we don't want to use java script since it might get
    > blocked by pop-up blocker. Thanks in advance.
    >
    > GS.

    No can do. Pop-up blockers (includeing the one in IE6 SP2 can be set to
    block all pop-ups, it just blocks all windows from opening, unless I
    tell the blocker otherwise.
    Chaddy2222, Oct 12, 2006
  4. GS wrote:

    > Is it possible to implement pop-up window without Java script,

    Yes.

    > we don't want to use java script since it might get blocked by pop-up
    > blocker.

    What makes you think that pop-up blockers only affect those created by
    scripts?

    Mike

    "Java script" is one word - it otherwise implies some significant
    relationship with Java, and there is none. JavaScript (capital J,
    capital S) refers to a specific ECMAScript implementation. Javascript
    (capital J, or all lower case) is conventionally used, at least in
    c.l.javascript, to refer to ECMAScript implementations in general.
    Michael Winter, Oct 12, 2006
  5. GS

    Evertjan. Guest

    Michael Winter wrote on 12 okt 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > GS wrote:
    >
    >> Is it possible to implement pop-up window without Java script,

    > Yes.
    >
    >> we don't want to use java script since it might get blocked by pop-up
    >> blocker.

    > What makes you think that pop-up blockers only affect those created by
    > scripts?

    If there is one thing off-topic in this NG,
    it is questions stipulating that javascript must not be involved.

    and Java script does not even exist.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Oct 12, 2006
  6. GS

    dadof6 Guest

    Use a div made to look like a popup. When not in use set the visibility
    of that div to hidden and when you want the div to "popup" set the
    visibility to visible. You will of course have to pay attention to the
    positioning of that div.

    Hope that helps..

    Nathan

    dadof6, Oct 12, 2006
  7. GS

    Ed Jay Guest

    dadof6 scribed:

    >Use a div made to look like a popup. When not in use set the visibility
    >of that div to hidden and when you want the div to "popup" set the
    >visibility to visible. You will of course have to pay attention to the
    >positioning of that div.
    >
    >Hope that helps..

    How do implement your scheme without using js?

    --
    Ed Jay (remove 'M' to respond by email)
    Ed Jay, Oct 12, 2006
  8. GS

    dadof6 Guest

    Good point..

    Maybe I assumed to much on that question. I thought GS was really
    asking how do you get a popup to work even when a popup blocker is on.
    In wich case the solution I suggested would work.

    Nathan

    dadof6, Oct 12, 2006
  9. GS

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Nico Schuyt, Oct 12, 2006
  10. GS

    RobG Guest

    Nico Schuyt wrote:
    > GS wrote:
    > > I have a question, Is it possible to implement pop-up window without
    > > Java script, we don't want to use java script since it might get
    > > blocked by pop-up blocker. Thanks in advance.

    If you want to do stuff in a browser client-side but don't want to use
    javascript, your choices are HTML or CSS. It seems more appropriate to
    post in a newsgroup dedicated to the technologies you want to use,
    rather than those you don't.

    CSS

    HTML

    > Maybe you mean something like
    > http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/tooltip-brucie-thingy.htm
    > (CSS tooltip on mouseover)

    The position of the "tooltip" seems defective in non-IE browsers.

    --
    Rob
    RobG, Oct 13, 2006