    just around the corner? Will things break on 1.1 apps with the 2.0
    framework? I don't know if code-behind pages will still be supported, or
    will they break in 2.0 when you try to run the app? Thanks.

    dw, Nov 1, 2004

  2. dw

    Marina Guest

    Do you really think MS would make 1.1 completely not backwards compatible?
    Of course everything will still run.

    The migration is mostly important for development - as the IDE's are
    different, so the migration might change some things as far as file
    structure, etc.

    "dw" <> wrote in message
    > I was listening to a Microsoft Webcast last Friday on Whidbey and

    migrating
    > from 1.1 to 2.0. It mentioned having to use a converter tool to migrate

    apps

    Marina, Nov 1, 2004

  3. dw

    dw Guest

    Whew!! Thanks, Marina. I'm just now listening to the recording of the
    Webcast and it says that when you want to modify your old 1.1 projects,
    you'd have to run the conversion tool, otherwise the apps will still work
    fine. Thank you.

    dw, Nov 1, 2004
  4. If you write something for 1.1 that doesn't work in 2.0 you should file a
    bug on it. Compatibility is a big issue with the team.

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Nov 1, 2004
  5. dw

    dw Guest

    Thanks, Ken. How do we file a bug report if we ever run into one?

    dw, Nov 2, 2004
  6. Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Nov 2, 2004
  7. dw

    dw Guest

    Thanks, Ken. Didn't know that site existed. Cool :)

    dw, Nov 2, 2004