    I am thinking of choosing splint as my favorite tool, is this a good choice?

    regards,
    pb

    Peter Bencsik, Sep 21, 2006

  2. Peter Bencsik

    Michael Mair Guest

    Re: Is splint really better than lint? Is there a better tool thansplint?

    Peter Bencsik schrieb:
    > does anybody has experience with static source code checker for C?
    >
    > I am thinking of choosing splint as my favorite tool, is this a good choice?

    If you do not want to pay anything, then splint is the best choice
    I know.
    If you are willing to pay, I'd rather recommend PCLint/FlexeLint
    from http://www.gimpel.com/

    Note that this is not exactly a C question, so you may be better
    off asking in another newsgroup (I do not know one where this is
    more topical than here, though).

    Cheers
    Michael

    Michael Mair, Sep 21, 2006

  3. Peter Bencsik

    tedu Guest

    Peter Bencsik wrote:
    > does anybody has experience with static source code checker for C?

    i work for a company that makes one.

    > I am thinking of choosing splint as my favorite tool, is this a good choice?

    i'm going to say no, but you haven't specified your criteria.

    there's more at http://spinroot.com/static/

    tedu, Sep 21, 2006