    Greg P. Guest

    If so please address the topic I posted a few days ago with the title:
    ItemStyle.Width doens't adjust the size of a column?

    Greg P., Mar 29, 2007

  2. Is anyone managing these newsgroups? Well, that's mostly no but a yes for
    MSDN subscribers. In general, these newsgroups as simply community spaces
    where you can discuss problems with other users. Answers are not guaranteed
    to be correct, nor is there even any promise that you will get an answer,
    but there are many folks out here volunteering their time and expertise to
    help others. On the other hand, if you are an MSDN subscriber and posted
    using the Display E-mail address listed in your MSDN profile, MSDN promises
    that you'll get an answer within 1 business day. The answer might not
    necessarily be from Microsoft, but there is a team monitoring the managed
    newsgroups and if the answer isn't correct, they'll step in. There are
    around 230 MSDN Managed Newsgroups and this is one of them. I believe that
    the list is available at
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/aa974230.aspx.

    So I guess my questions to you are, are you an MSDN subscriber and did you
    post that message a few days ago using the Display E-mail address in your
    MSDN profile? And I'm sorry, but I'm not on that MSDN team and don't have
    the tool they use to determine whether or not a post comes from an MSDN
    subscriber.

    --
    Sincerely,
    Steve Dybing

    Steve Dybing [MSFT], Mar 30, 2007

  3. Greg P.

    Greg P. Guest

    Hey Steve,

    Thanks for the note and yes I am an MSDN subscriber. I believe I had posted
    the question in the correct manner and it had been on the third day that I
    was wondering if I anyone had some ideas with my issue. I do know that there
    are a lot of great people who help out and answer questions when they have
    time and I do the same when I have some time.

    Thanks again,
    Greg

    Greg P., Apr 2, 2007
  4. Greg, What I'm hearing is that your original message isn't appearing in the
    tool that the MSDN team uses to monitor these newsgroups. That would
    certainly explain why you didn't get a response, but doesn't say good things
    about the tool, unfortunately. Would it be possible for you to repost it
    using the alias in your MSDN profile? If you'll do so, I'll point them
    directly at it.

    --
    Sincerely,
    Steve Dybing

    Steve Dybing [MSFT], Apr 3, 2007
  5. Greg P.

    Matt Adamson Guest

    I'm also an MSDN subscriber so what exactly do I need to do to get a quicker
    response?

    Matt Adamson, Apr 3, 2007
  6. A quicker response than what? If you post a question to an MSDN Managed
    Newsgroup using the registered anti-spam alias in your MSDN Profile (for
    MSDN Subscribers only!), you will get a response either from the community
    or from Microsoft within 1 business day. If someone from the community
    answers it, nobody from Microsoft is going to come along to say anything
    like "yeah, what she said...". The instructions for configuring your
    newsreader are located here:
    click on Configure, right below the Managed Newsgroups link, and read/follow
    the instructions carefully.

    Greg didn't follow the instructions because
    is not one of the acceptable aliases. Greg, when you go back to repost your
    question, make sure you follow the instructions carefully or they won't
    respond to the new post either.

    --
    Sincerely,
    Steve Dybing