is there a tool for viewing/capturing window events?

beachdog

I'm using Visual Studio/C# to build a GUI program, and using a third
party component. This third party component isn't behaving as
expected in response to some window/mouse events, and I would like to
capture the windows messages sent to it, as well as any C# events it
triggers, if possible. Does a tool exist for this?

MasterGaurav \(www.edujini-labs.com\)

I'm using Visual Studio/C# to build a GUI program, and using a third
party component. This third party component isn't behaving as
expected in response to some window/mouse events, and I would like to
capture the windows messages sent to it, as well as any C# events it
triggers, if possible. Does a tool exist for this?

btw, are you referring to WinForms?
Coz... this newsgroup is for "aspnet".

Anyway... look into the method PreProcessMessage(ref Message msg) to handle
the windows-messages (message loop).

--
Happy Hacking,
Gaurav Vaish | www.mastergaurav.com