Is there a way to hid your web page name and content?

Trint Smith

Is there a way to hid your web page name and content when a person is
viewing your site?

Thanks,
Trint

.Net programmer
(e-mail address removed)

Michael Ramey

absolutely, put this at the beginning of your aspx page, it will hide
everything!
<% response.end %>

Seriously though, what exactly are you trying to do?, I don't believe I
understand you at all, why would you want to hide your content, and what web
page name are you speaking of?

Trint Smith

I don't mean to hide the web page, but to hide the view source of it and
to not allow to view the name of the page someone is looking at.
Thanks,
Trint

.Net programmer
(e-mail address removed)

Eric Lawrence [MSFT]

No. It is impossible to prevent the user from viewing the source. You can
try various tricks to try to make it a wee bit harder, but none of them are
worthwhile. This is a fundamental architectural characteristic of the Web.

Thanks,

Eric Lawrence
Program Manager
Assistance and Worldwide Services

Kevin Spencer

In addition, the important (programming) code which you don't want anyone to
view, remains on the server. There's nothing special about HTML.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer