Is there a way to unload the current appdomain?

M N E E L Y

If I have two applications that are side by side they both use the same
instance of the aspnet_wp.exe. How can I unload one of these applications
so that I can update it without affecting the other?

Thanks in advance!

MNEELY

Natty Gur

Hi,

If you made any change to the Bin directory of your application ASP.NET
will restart the application for you.

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
28th Baruch Hirsch st. Bnei-Brak
Israel , 51114

Phone Numbers:
Office: +972-(0)3-5786668
Fax: +972-(0)3-5703475
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

Know the overall picture

M N E E L Y

That doesn't seem to work. I'm not doing a standard ASP.NET application. I
wrote a custom HttpHandler that gets called by the ASP.NET runtime. I've
noticed that if I copy a new version of an assembly into the bin directory
and try to run my application again, the old version is still loaded in
memory. I have been needing to restart IIS which is a bit extreme.
Thanks. Shalom.

-MNEELY

Natty Gur

Ok,

If you want i can send you code that will unload the current appDomain
but its useless since MS promiss me that there is no way i can start it
again (they oviously can)