Is there any alternative for browse button

balakrishnan.dinesh

hi frnds

I have a query on browse button, In my page , i want to upload
files , But i dont want normal <input type=file> to be used for this,
so can anyone tell me anyother alternative solution for this ,
Here I have a button and textbox, if i click the button, it should
popup a file upload dialog box ,after selecting a file, that path
should be pasted in that textbox,

can anyone tell me how to do this ?

Thanks
dinesh..

marss

I have a query on browse button, In my page , i want to upload
files , But i dont want normal <input type=file> to be used for this,
so can anyone tell me anyother alternative solution for this ,
Here I have a button and textbox, if i click the button, it should
popup a file upload dialog box ,after selecting a file, that path
should be pasted in that textbox,
Hi,
You can't avoid using a "file" input, but there is a trick to hide it
from users - they'll see only your button and textbox. In short the
main principle is to put transparent <input type="file" /> above a
textbox and button, and a user - that clicks on a button - really
clicks on the "file" input and opens a file dialog box.

Here is a good step-by-step instruction how to do it.
http://www.quirksmode.org/dom/inputfile.html

Regards