Is there any system call....

edu.mvk

Is there any system call for stopping the execution of a program for a
particular time that we pass to that system call or a library function
in C++.

Thanks.

Murali Krishna

edu.mvk said:
Is there any system call for stopping the execution of a program for a
particular time that we pass to that system call or a library function
in C++.

Thanks.

sleep function.

-- Murali Krishna.

Robbie Hatley

edu.mvk said:
Is there any system call for stopping the execution of a program for a
particular time that we pass to that system call or a library function
in C++.

Not in the standard library, no.

The reason is, not all operating systems have that feature.
Go ask this in the newsgroup(s) for your operating system(s).

These groups will (mostly) have names like comp.os.*

examples:

comp.unix.*
comp.os.linux.*
comp.os.ms-windows.*