Is there anything that pickle + copy_reg cannot serialize?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Maurice LING, Dec 8, 2005.

  1. Maurice LING

    Maurice LING Guest

    Hi,

    I need to look into serialization for python objects, including codes,
    recursive types etc etc. Currently, I have no idea exactly what needs to
    be serialized, so my scope is to be as wide as possible.

    I understand that marshal is extended by pickle to serialize class
    instances, shared elements, and recursive data structures
    (http://www.effbot.org/librarybook/pickle.htm) but cannot handle code
    types. pickle can be used together with copy_reg and marshal to
    serialize code types as well
    (http://www.effbot.org/librarybook/copy-reg.htm).

    So my question will be, are there anything that pickle/copy_reg/marshal
    combination cannot serialize? If so, what are the workarounds?

    Thanks
    Maurice

    Maurice LING, Dec 8, 2005