Is there some voice classes in java?

dolphin

I want to write a program to captrue voice from mike and send it to
anthoer host.Are there some classes that do these things in java?

Andrew Thompson

Sure. The Java sound API would allow you to
tap into the mic. audio line.
You might try the Java Media Framework.

JMF would help for support of audio formats/codecs
and transmission classes, but I am not entirely
convinced it is necessary* for this.

* Useful, sure, but the JMF is effectively
abandoned, and it is difficult to find
anybody that can provide advice on it.

Andrew T.

Mark Space

Andrew said:
* Useful, sure, but the JMF is effectively
abandoned, and it is difficult to find
anybody that can provide advice on it.

It's been abandoned? Well that's useful to know. I wish Sun would get
together a list of stuff that's been superseded or deprecated. Hard to
know what's still supported sometimes.

Andrew Thompson

It's been abandoned?

Aah.. you caught me out, because..
..Well that's useful to know. I wish Sun would get
together a list of stuff that's been superseded or deprecated. Hard to
know what's still supported sometimes.

...my comment is simply based on someone
*elses* comment, rather than anything I
have seen from Sun itself. Which leads me
to agree strongly with your 'deprecated list'.

Andrew T.

Knute Johnson

Andrew said:
Aah.. you caught me out, because..

..my comment is simply based on someone
*elses* comment, rather than anything I
have seen from Sun itself. Which leads me
to agree strongly with your 'deprecated list'.

Andrew T.

The last release was 2.1.1e on May 5, 2003. Apparently it is suffering
from the Mission Impossible problem. If you are caught, Sun will
disavow and knowledge of you, your JMF team or your mission.