    In particular, what network traffic (if any) occurs?

    TIA,
    Pete

    Pete, Oct 24, 2003

  2. "Pete" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm frustrated because I used to know the answer to this one...
    >
    > Can anyone tell me what happens "under the covers" in order to evaluate
    > IsClientConnected?
    >
    > In particular, what network traffic (if any) occurs?

    It detects only if *no* traffic is occuring anymore between server and
    client... :)

    Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\), Oct 24, 2003

  3. Pete

    Pete Guest

    Yes, but after the initial request and before the initial response, why
    would there be any traffic between client and server? And yet
    IsClientConnected is documented still to work in such a scenario.

    I must admit this wasn't consistent with my understanding (although as I
    said this is somewhat rusty). I thought that an IsClientConnected call
    caused the server to initiate some kind of communication in order to
    determine that the client is still there.

    Pete, Oct 24, 2003
  4. "Pete" <> wrote in message
    > Yes, but after the initial request and before the initial response, why
    > would there be any traffic between client and server? And yet
    > IsClientConnected is documented still to work in such a scenario.
    >
    > I must admit this wasn't consistent with my understanding (although as I
    > said this is somewhat rusty). I thought that an IsClientConnected call
    > caused the server to initiate some kind of communication in order to
    > determine that the client is still there.

    In a non-buffered Response IsClientConnected checks for traffic.

    In a buffered situation it could do a response.flush and check for errors.
    But if you really want to know all about it, just install (from the XP CD)
    NetMon(.exe) and look for HTTP traffic and analyze it..

    Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\), Oct 28, 2003