    What else can be done to figure out why IsInRole is not return True for this
    group?

    -Harold

    Harold, Aug 6, 2004

  2. Harold

    Mary Chipman Guest

    Did you reboot or log off/on?

    --Mary

    Mary Chipman, Aug 7, 2004

  3. Harold

    Harold Guest

    Both.

    Harold, Aug 7, 2004
  4. Harold

    Mary Chipman Guest

    In that case, is it possible that you're not using the correct syntax
    for custom groups? it should be
    winPrincipal.IsInRole("MachineName\RoleName")

    --Mary

    Mary Chipman, Aug 9, 2004
  5. Harold

    Harold Guest

    It appears the problem is related to VPN. Once I connect to the domain
    (locally, rather than VPN) it works. And now when I go back to VPN it
    works. But, when I add another group it does not show up using IsInRole
    until I connect to the network locally.

    Is there something being refreshed on my system when I connect locally? Is
    there some way to manually refresh this information over VPN?

    -Harold

    Harold, Aug 16, 2004
  6. Is it possible that your VPN isn't allowing access to refresh your Kerberos
    ticket? It definitely sounds like a network problem and Kerberos tickets
    are how your group information from the DC gets to you and gets passed
    around to other machines. Kerb runs on port 88.

    Joe K.

    Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\), Aug 16, 2004