J2EE - EJB and Struts

MP

Hello all:

I am attempting to layout a web application using J2EE with EJB and
Struts. However, I am new to this and am having a hard time
visualizing how all of the components interact - example the
form-beans,action-mappings,action servlet,and enterprise java beans.

Can anyone offer some help or point me to where I could see some UML
or sequence diagrams of a similar system.

Thanks in advance!

Bryce (Work)

Hello all:

I am attempting to layout a web application using J2EE with EJB and
Struts. However, I am new to this and am having a hard time
visualizing how all of the components interact - example the
form-beans,action-mappings,action servlet,and enterprise java beans.

Can anyone offer some help or point me to where I could see some UML
or sequence diagrams of a similar system.

Thanks in advance!

There's this:
http://www.exadel.com/downloads/struts/examples/WebFlowPic/example.htm

Not exactly UML, but it helps to visualize what's going on.
http://rollerjm.free.fr/pro/Struts11.html

But basically, you have 3 different parts here. The first part is the
view. This is what the user sees when he/she is looking at your
webpage and entering data into a form. This consists of the jsps.

Then there's the controller. This is provided by the Action Servlet.
Generally, you don't have to do anything with this, just put in the
default Struts servlet.

The Form Beans are just java beans that contain the data you want
passed from the jsps to the Action Servlet and subsequently to your
Action Class.

The Action Class is your model. You set up an action mapping in the
struts config file to forward requests to an Action Class.

It is here (or a delegate class) that you make calls to your EJB.

Hope this helps.