J2EE JMS problem

Farshad

I am trying to connect to a Sun App Server from the JMS client
application: SimpleProducer from chapter 33 of
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/tutorial/doc/index.html

It works fine when run on the same machine where the server is running.
But when I try it from a remote machine, I get the below message:

---
Could not create JNDI API context: javax.naming.CommunicationException:
Cannot connect to ORB [Root exception is org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:
vmcid: SUN minor code: 201 completed: No
---
Note: this is the only message I get, no other error follows!

When the server is local I run this command from the simple/build
directory:
#java SimpleProducer jms/Queue
and it works successfully.
From a remote machine I run the below command from the simple/build
directory:
#java -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost=myservername SimpleProducer
jms/Queue

Both machines have J2EE installed and Sun App Server is running only in
"myservername" and not on the remote machine.

I have tried any suggestions found on the Internet or anything coming
to my mind but no success so far. I appreciate any clues.
thanks,
Farshad

Farshad

Okay, I had an App Server running on the remote machine, after stopping
it I get an infinite chain of error messages beginning with:
---
Destination name is jms/Queue
May 15, 2003 6:42:02 PM com.sun.corba.ee.spi.logging.LogWrapperBase
doLog
INFO: "IOP00710299: (INTERNAL) Successfully created IIOP listener on
the specified host/port: all interfaces/34705"
May 15, 2003 6:42:03 PM
com.sun.corba.ee.impl.transport.SocketOrChannelConnectionImpl <init>
WARNING: "IOP00410201: (COMM_FAILURE) Connection failure: socketType:
IIOP_CLEAR_TEXT; hostname: 127.0.0.1; port: 3700"
org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: vmcid: SUN minor code: 201 completed:
No
at
com.sun.corba.ee.impl.logging.ORBUtilSystemException.connectFailure(ORBUtilSystemException.java:2257)
---

Sounds that the application is trying to connect to the localhost.
Specifying a properties file as below does not help either.

--- jndi.properties ---
java.naming.factory.initial=com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialInitContextFactory
java.naming.provider.url=iiop://myservername:3700
java.naming.factory.state=com.sun.corba.ee.impl.presentation.rmi.JNDIStateFactoryImpl
---

Running those applications to access a local server works fine on both
machines. I want to have a client accessing the server remotely. Do I
need to edit/compile source code of those applications in some other
way? Isn't specifying a remote server from command line enough?
thanks,
Farshad

Farshad

Okay, I had an App Server running on the client machine, after stopping